Husqvarna YTH2042 No start - Switch?

dantisSeptember 26, 2011

Husqy YTH2042, 5 years old. cut the entire lawn, no issue. Went to start to put in shed, just a click. Ammeter goes negative..charged battery, still the same. Not sure if its a safety switch or starter. Took off seat swicth, bith contacts are normaaly closed when off seat, and both open when on seat. (checked with ohmmeter). not sure if it break pedal switch or not. Another hint is that if I try to enage blades, loud click like its trying to enagage.

1. How do I get to the brake pedal switch?

2. Because the ammeter is going negative, do you think it could be a locked up starter?

Thanks for the help

Dan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

If you are getting a loud click when attempting to crank, the safety side of things are good. 1) Check the oil level. 2) Can you turn the engine by the top screen by hand? It is possible to have that the starter drive has gotten wedged in the ring gear, that you have a failed starter or starter solenoid plus a few other options. Is it the solenoid that clicks? The solenoid is located at the other end of the + battery cable. If you felt that you could safely jump across the 2 big lugs of the solenoid, and it cranked- you would have a bad solenoid. Check these and report back. Also which engine would be helpful.

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
John Deere L110
The mower has been sitting for 3 years, it ran when...
paddlingjohn
Craftsman Lawn Mower Model#917258860 won't turn left
I just bought a Craftsman Lawn Mower with a 46"...
russph3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™