Used Toro 20055 vs. New Honda HRX

xgmjacketSeptember 15, 2011

I am looking for a good quality, 21" Self-Propelled Walk Behind. I had pretty much decided to get a new Honda HRX217VKA ($600) but came across a 2007 model Toro 20055 Super Recycler on Craigslist for $200, which appears to be in very good condition. The Toro has an aluminum deck, the Honda has Nexite. Toro has the 6.75hp Briggs, the Honda has the GCV190.

I am looking to get about 15 years out of my next mower (selling a 1998 Lawn Boy 10525 that I am tired of messing with

to get it to run right).� I am wondering if the Toro will last that long since it already has 5 seasons on it.� Also not

sure about the Personal Pace drive since I do some stopping and backing up around trees in my yard and such.

Which would you choose and why?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

The Toro is a great buy if it has been cared for. If it rolls easily back and forth w/ no squeaks, the drive has probably lubed along the way. There aren't too many PP drive failures on the SRs. And really not expensive when there is, at least compared to the Honda. The HRX is a nice mower and the deck is easy to keep clean however. There would be a weight and handling difference to consider.

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 10:51AM
More Discussions
john deere RX75 belt diagram
I have a Rx75 with 9hp motor. I bought it used and...
jeremy_2010
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
Looking to replace the LB
I've been using a 2003 Lawnboy 10323 for over a decade...
pacochu
Engine trouble! B&S 13.5hp
My old Heritage ride-on has a Briggs& Stratton...
Over_here
Bad ignition coil magneto on Tecumseh
Is there a more economical solution to replacing a...
don_v
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™