What is a Deere 14SB worth?

fcarp63September 15, 2011

Hi Everyone:

I have a 1997 Deere 14SB that was used as my main mower for a year or two and then becaame my trim mower when I bought a tractor. I have the bag and side discharge chute. The mower has been well-maintained (greased the rear fittings regularly and hosed the underside of the deck and ran the BBC after each use). The mower is in excellent condition.

I know that many consider this to be one of the best 21" mowers made. I am looking to sell since I now have a commerical mower and no use for it.

How much should I ask for this mower? Is looking to get $300 in my pocket unrealistic given the quality of the mower and condition?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xgmjacket

A guy near me has a 14SB for sale for $150 that appears to be in good shape, so $300 may be a bit high. He said it was about 13 yrs. old.

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 8:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bluemower

The answer is:
What ever the market will bare.
============================================
If the mower has the typical dirt that collects on a mower, someone might offer $30 - $40. If the mower is cleaned up and serviced to look like new, someone might offer $100 - $150.
============================================
The level of marketing will determine the final price. Expect a low price if you park it on the corner of your yard with a sign. Expect a premium price if this is cleaned up and advertised on Craig's list. The shoppers who are looking for your exact piece of equipment will probably look at the Craig's list.

Bookmark   September 17, 2011 at 11:42AM
More Discussions
Need Craftsman mower grass bag
I have a very old, but really good condition Craftsman...
olddaddy
Craftsman Lawn Mower Model#917258860 won't turn left
I just bought a Craftsman Lawn Mower with a 46"...
russph3
snow throwing
older blower. 7hp, 24" width, 14" auger....
joe_mn
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
B&S OHV 6.5 won't start
If I prime the engine 5/6 times it starts on the second...
mvron
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™