Snapper RER won't start

candlediekSeptember 12, 2010

I have a Snapper RER, model 301214BE. Does not turn over when key is turned (just a VERY faint click from the solenoid). Starter tested out ok, and I put in a new battery...same thing. I tried to jump it by bridging two terminals on solenoid, which resulted in it turning over, but with no spark. So I unhooked the red wire (from interlock module?) from engine and tried bridging terminals again and it started. It seems I'm having interlock switch problems, but after disconnecting red wire, shouldn't interlocks be bypassed? And why does the key still not work? Please help me!

Chris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fruitjarfla

Do you want me to email you a Snapper Service Manual pdf file that I received from Snapper in response to a question. It covers electrical as well as the rest of the mower. If so, I will need your email address.

Bookmark   September 13, 2010 at 2:56PM
candlediek

Hi Fruitjafla,

On a hunch I replaced the starter solenoid and it now works. Thanks for the offer, though!

Bookmark   September 13, 2010 at 11:04PM
forrest-gump

Bought a brand new Snapper 28" RER. It's great except that at a couple of slightly uneven spots it scalps the lawn. Is there an anti-scalp roller system for this? Anybody have the same experience? Thanks.

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
Advice Needed on a Used Mclane Reel Mower
Hello! I live in Southern California (San Fernando...
hbcsc153
I have a Tecumseh 5hp egine no spark
I measure the ohms from the following. I placed one...
Nutty1269
Honda HRX217
Had it for 10 years and is the best mower I ever had....
bob3d
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™