Need Lawn Boy model 10272 information

robarOctober 17, 2013

I hate to ask some of these simple questions, but I have not used my mowers for years and am now getting back into it. I'm a bit "rusty" and wanted some answers. I have a Lawn Boy Silver Series 6.5 hp 4 cycle.....model # 10272. I know the plug size and gap......can anyone give me replacement blade information? I believe this takes a 21 inch blade. Is there a special mulching blade that I can buy for this? Any other maintenance tips that I should know of? Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ewalk

Robar: Slow down a little , yes you know the plug size NOW along with the correct Gap , since Tom was nice enough to take the time to forward this info to you on a previous post. How about having the grace to go back and Thank Him accordingly on your previous Tuesday Thread . There is proper etiquette on this Forum . The info and advice is free , so is a little atta boy to Senior members Duh !

Bookmark   October 18, 2013 at 5:57PM
phototone

I believe ALL Lawnboy 2-cycle mowers in the 21" size from the late 1950's to the end of 2-cycle production take the same replacement blade. This may not be true for the more obscure "M" series.

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 6:51PM
1saxman

It takes the regular 'Tri-Cut' blade furnished on all late LB 2-cycles - no special 'mulching blade' is recommended - stick with OEM. It should also have a 'mulch fan' mounted under the blade (blade goes on first, then mulch fan). The 'Silver Series' has a steel deck with bagging available by installing a bagging kit which includes the chute that replaces the mulching plate in the top front of the deck. Side discharge is available with a 'blank' plate, and of course the mulching plate blocks the discharge chute. Wash and re-oil the air filter. Use oil at 32:1 (8 oz/2 gal with Lawn-Boy oil, if still available).
Post questions if it doesn't run right - I don't have one anymore but I remember the things to check/adjust. Typically they are set a little lean for EPA concerns, which of course is not good for running or longevity.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 1:14PM
More Discussions
Husqvarna 150bt blower running lean - harder to start
Blower is taking 3 - 5 pulls to start when it used...
edge
Troy Bilt 21inch Push Mower w/B&S Engine
I have an 11A-426A711. I prime it and it starts and...
gordini39
Anyone ever use an electric mower?
As you may know, ethanol in our gasoline is really...
FrogmoreFarm
PTO Problem on my Lawn Mower
I was just outside mowing and I hit an obstruction...
amburton98
Tom Boy Lawnmowers????
Has anyone seen or heard of Tom-Boy push lawn mowers????...
bekellog
Sponsored Products
Christopher Knight Home Hudson Storage Ottoman
Overstock.com
Bar Mitzvah Photo Album
Classic Hostess
Sunnydaze Durable "C" Stand for Hanging Hammock Chairs, 84 Inch Tall
SerenityHealth
Ubud Rug - Tempest
$712.99 | Dot & Bo
Traditional Stainless Steel Watering Can with Brass Accents
Signature Hardware