surge on toro ccr3650 snowblower

eric_2007October 16, 2008

I have a toro ccr 3650 snowblower that has a extreme surge both under no load and when i push the paddles against the sidewalk. Im sure it a carb problem. I know the engine is simular to the lawn boy duraforce engine. Has anyone ever drilled the jets on a toro r tec engine to help this problem or is that only dura force and what size bits would i use? Ive done the usual cleaning jets and body, replace gaskets and flush tank but didnt help.

thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
indy452(NC Kansas)

Thats interesting. I've not heard of the r-tek surging. These are similar to duraforce but the r-tek is piston ported which is a better situation IMO. And I thought they had larger jets that the dura.

My question is; Does it surge under load? Some two cycles just surge naturally under no load. But get them in the real snow and the powerstroke kicks in, and surge is gone until you have a no load situation.

If it surges under load then you do have a jet problem. Thats about all I know about them. Others have much more technical knowledge about this particular engine.

Neal

Bookmark   October 17, 2008 at 8:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eric_2007

the surge takes about 5 seconds to go from normal speed to slow then picks up again. if i leave the choke on it smokes and runs rich but no surge. If i hold the govenor link slightly above normal rpm you can still feel the engine want to surge so feel its internal in the carb for sure. The fuel filter and fuel have been replaced. I cleaned all the jets including the small one just below the air intake between the thottle plate and choke. Im guessing the only solution is a new carb but want to verify im not missing something prior to spending $50.00

Bookmark   October 17, 2008 at 9:45PM
More Discussions
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
Engine trouble! B&S 13.5hp
My old Heritage ride-on has a Briggs& Stratton...
Over_here
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
need a mower
Hi. I'm trying to find a decent self propelled walk...
mjgarden1
JD L100 and LA100 series trans oil change
I have a JD L118. It had a K46 trans that failed at...
fix_it
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™