How to Remove Augers from MTD SnowBlower

rolmOctober 20, 2010

I have a 11-hp 30-Inch Yardman snowblower the Auger differential gears are striped need to replace. I split the unit apart now I cannot pull out the auger assembly from the housing. The problem is the auger shaft will not separate from the auger bearing. I tried a crowbar that did not work. I was thinking of taking a cut-off wheel and cutting the bearing off the shaft. Or ????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

Are we talking about the bearing in the diff, the two bearings at the ends of the augers, or the bearing in the back by the impeller?

Bookmark   October 20, 2010 at 6:33PM
rolm

Sorry The bearing in the back of the impeller. The reason I said I may have to cut it off the bearing I can't see how a bearing puller would not destroy the bearing.

Bookmark   October 20, 2010 at 7:53PM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

I assume you have the front of the blower taken off and you have easy access to the bearing.

You might as well cut the bearing and get a new one. Use never seize on everything that might come apart again and Lubriplate in the gearbox.

Bookmark   October 21, 2010 at 6:31AM
rolm

I did cut it off the bearing now the challange, I have a Yardman 11-hp 30-inch and there is no part number on the body of the blower. How do ID this unit so I can buy the impeller bearing and the Auger diff ring gear.

Bookmark   October 21, 2010 at 9:51AM
skyssx

Waugh. Do you know approximately how old the unit is? What brand is the engine? I'll see if I can find something in Parts Dumb.

Bookmark   October 21, 2010 at 10:00AM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

http://www.milacalawn.com/parts.asp

Go to that site. Yardman blowers are listed by year of manufacture only. You might come close by looking at the code on the engine for the year. And probably all the differential gears will be the same anyway.

Bookmark   October 21, 2010 at 6:18PM
More Discussions
Craftsman ZTS 7500
Going to look at a used one of these tomorrow. Anything...
radlee30458
New Toro Push Mower?
I am looking to replace an 11 year old Toro Recycler,...
seashells18
Tru-cut Reel Clutch Adjustment
I've owned this guy since new (1979). Beyond normal...
runner70
need a mower
Hi. I'm trying to find a decent self propelled walk...
mjgarden1
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™