Quote 1 - 5 - 12

don_socalJanuary 5, 2012

I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Groucho Marx

The first thing which I can record concerning myself is, that I was born. These are wonderful words. This life, to which neither time nor eternity can bring diminution - this everlasting living soul, began. My mind loses itself in these depths.

Groucho Marx

Well, Art is Art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water. And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now you tell me what you know.

Groucho Marx

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

It takes four day for the day before yesterday to become the day after tomorrow.

NO Wait a minute
It takes four days for the day after tomorrow to become the day before yesterday

Bookmark   January 5, 2012 at 12:50AM
mawheel

Groucho Marx was more than just a funny mustache and cigar, wasn't he?

Bookmark   January 5, 2012 at 6:11PM
west_gardener

The cigar and funny mustache was probably a "Shtick " to get his point across. He did that very well.
Now, on to minnie_tx, point, It's about 5 pm here in CA, it's still today, but it is about 1 am in Norway, and that's tomorrow. No matter what time zone, the family calls.

Bookmark   January 5, 2012 at 8:14PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™