Girlie thread? I found a great handcream!

rob333January 26, 2011

I'm so tired of chapped hands. I'ver never needed any lotion whatsoever, but I have found the best stuff ever. A friend gave it to me and my utterly chapped hands are now back to where they should be. Even make them look younger. Burt's beeswax and almond milk, and I got a new batch at Target. I think I'm ready for winter to wind down, but there are 10 more weeks of it before it does the warm up thing here. At least I can make it now that I found this stuff.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burt's

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_socal

More than a girlie thing as it is also in many garden supply shops. I like it too.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 10:44AM
rob333

I suspected as much, hence the question mark on the girlie part ;)

I just love how my very allergic self can use it and that isn't greasy, but very very very effective. So what else do you use Don? I imagine your hands are affected in your line of work.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 11:25AM
lilod(NoCal/8)

I like all the Burt's Bees stuff - exactly because it's not Girlie - just good all around value - no fluff there.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 11:28AM
don_socal

I used a few different oils and lotions for body work but in very minimal amounts. We have Burt's and Bag Balm around that gets used some also.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 12:15PM
tibs(5/6 OH)

Zim's Crack Cream is my choice. The spray one. I use it on hands and on my lower legs which use to look like fish scales because of my love of really really hot showers.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 7:14PM
gabriell_gw

Three winters ago I consulted a pharmacist about my badly chapped hands and he suggested Aquaphor. It's sort of like Vaseline. It is great.I alwayswear gloves in cold weather but can still have dry chapped hands.

Bookmark   January 26, 2011 at 11:02PM
mwoods

To me,greasy hands are worse than chapped hands and I've tried everything. I love some of the Burt's Bees products,like their orange face wash,but the almond milk/beeswax combination just won't soak in.A few months ago I tried St. Ives renewing body moisturizer and it works like a charm on my hands and even my face and it completely is absorbed.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 8:14AM
liza070831(z4VT)

I got a sample of Utter Cream at the MN State Fair and found it again at the pharmacy counter at my local supermarket. I got a 12 oz jar for $4.00. It makes a great hand and body cream.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 3:24PM
rob333

I love St Ives body wash. That is some awesome stuff, but I'm "worried" everyone will figure out that less than expensive stuff is the best you can buy. I use the Collagen Elastin, and it's fantastic.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 4:16PM
mwoods

That's what I use except the Collagen Elastin Renewing body moisturizer. I love the smell. I can't take some of the sweet fragrances like I used to be able to do but this one is nice and fresh and works so beautifully.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 4:29PM
don_socal

I used a few different oils and lotions for body work but in very minimal amounts. We have Burt's and Bag Balm around that gets used some also.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 8:16PM
don_socal

My computer has a garden party gremlin.

Bookmark   January 27, 2011 at 8:25PM
posieh(3)

Burt's Bees did nothing for me.....and I have a horrile time with dried, cracked hands and wear plastic gloves much of the time. Finally stopped using
the Anti-bac hand wipes which seem to be pure alchol. I have purchased every type of hand cream available and have returned to Mary Kay's original thick, pink, night cream. It is very healing and even clears up babies diaper rash! Reading the labels on hand creams, many of them list their first ingredient as mineral oil, and they tell me that mineral oil is the one oil your skin will not obsorb. Any way, Mary Kay's night cream works for me.

Bookmark   January 30, 2011 at 4:30PM
rob333

hey posieh? Did you know they've begun making non-alcohol antibacterial products? I'm not sure if it's because of the drying problem or if it's because kids in school figured out they could... drink it. UGH! Whatever the catalyst, they even make it with moisturizing properties now.

Here is a link that might be useful: moisturizing hand-sanitzer

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 8:57AM
posieh(3)

Hey, thanks! Didn't know about the non-alchol one. Wonder what the garm killer is? Will need to check it out.

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 1:39PM
More Discussions
My Father the Philosopher - a story
My father the philosopher The regulars here are literate...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 3 - 13 - 15
The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself,...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 9 - 15
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 19 - 15
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 20 - 15
Do you realize that if you fall into a black hole,...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Vig Furniture - 3088 Modern Black Leather Reclining Sofa Set -...
Great Furniture Deal
Noble Burgundy Rectangular: 5 ft. 5 in. x 8 ft. 3 in. Rug
$299.99 | Bellacor
Quest Concealed 1 Outlet Twin Thermostatic Shower Valve (Racetrack)
Hudson Reed
Synthesis Giclee Shade Plug-In Swing Arm Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Monogrammed Mug - J
$12.00 | Horchow
Missoni Home | Jill Blue Sham Set
YLiving.com
Couristan Jangali Arabesque Rug - 01470045056089T
Hayneedle
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Loloi Rugs Rugs Weston Lifestyle
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for: