Well, no prime rib for us.

gandle(4 NE)January 1, 2014

State Patrol has asked everyone to stay off the roads because of icy conditions. Snowing now. Darn it, that get together would have been fun. Quite a few of the family went to the farm yesterday and we should have too, but I don't know where they would have bunked everyone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

George, too bad you and Leone have to stay home, but surely 'better safe than sorry'. Your family will miss having the two of you with them, but they, too, know staying off icy roads is a smart choice.

DH and I will be having something other for dinner than what I'd hoped, too. At $37 50 a pound, the lump, backfin crabmeat was just too pricey for me! (That's my frugal, Scottish genes kicking in.) :) For us, it'll be chicken and potato salad, plus some of DD's chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Bookmark   January 1, 2014 at 10:59AM
sweet_betsy No AL Z7(7)

Just chicken chowder and apple crisp here. DH is not feeling well and has no appetite so we kept it simple.

I am sorry that you missed the party. I wanted to hear about all the fun that you had with the grands.

This post was edited by sweet_betsy on Thu, Jan 2, 14 at 9:08

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 9:06AM
lilosophie

It seems all winter-plans have to be made with the statement "Weather permitting".

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 9:27AM
More Discussions
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™