Shoveling snow

mawheelJanuary 24, 2013

on a beautiful, very cold morning with lots of sunshine and almost cloudless blue sky was invigorating and fun, esp. when the snow was light and fluffy and only an inch or so. It was almost sweepable; it may not be as nice tomorrow when more is coming, maybe lots more. Think I'll get to the store after lunch, then won't need to venture out, tomorrow.

Our cat Maggie doesn't like snow; she came outside with me, but scooted right back inside when she saw the snow. How is it in your neck of the woods?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_socal

Raining, looks to be that way for the next few days.

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 11:09AM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

we got a skiff in Baltimore County but looks like about 1/2" down by the ocean. Had some slick spots on the bay bridge.

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 12:02PM
lilosophie

Rained yesterday, it broke the severe cold and dry spell, things look more "normal" now. No more ice on the pond, the wild ducks are happy. Overcast and foggy now, hoping for sun later.

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 12:38PM
skibby

We had -17 this morning. Diamond dust snow that created some black ice. Winds are picking resulting in wind chill warnings. 55 days until spring. Yeah, right.

Skibby

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 12:48PM
Lisa_H OK(7)

42 degrees, greyish and a lot chillier than it was yesterday! I think we reached 70 yesterday.

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 4:21PM
gabriell_gw

It was around 70 today.The sky is blue and I notice the grass is beginning to look green.Next month is likely to bring cold weather back, in Texas you just never know what to expect.

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 5:52PM
pretty.gurl(5)

12 degrees here and a snowstorm coming tomorrow.

Bookmark   January 24, 2013 at 7:37PM
anneliese_32(6)

I would rather have your snow in place of our icy rain today. The whole area is glaced over, accidents closed one of the Interstates and I can't get at the moment to the hospital because the cab can't get to it, also on account of a pile up.
Husband is in the hospital again, hoped to spring him today but it all depends right now on the road conditions. It should be better this afternoon.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 8:29AM
lilosophie

I don't have the snow all that much here, but we have iced roads sometimes, we have heavy rain causing floods and rock-slides, so any appointment out of town in winter is made with theadded: "weather permitting" - sometimes it doesn't permit

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 9:22AM
meldy_nva(z6b VA)

15 degrees (9:45a) today, with fluffy powder-snow that partially melted yesterday; expecting another inch or two today. Bones hurt today so I think that snowy inch might turn out to be rather more. Main roads clear, side streets and subdivision streets are glare ice from vehicle tracks - not salted anywhere. Getting back home is going to be interesting since that involves a very short but very, very steep little hill.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 10:43AM
west_gardener

After frost and rain, we had a sunny, mild day (65 degrees) today. We went walking in our local park and it felt so good.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 6:03PM
Lamora(4)

finally got to 30F ABOVE ZERO today!! lol Still cold, but not so frigid. My poor Sadie loves the cold&snow, can't understand why nobody want's too play!! lol

Her daddy took her for a walk today tho, i think they both liked it. But untill now, it has been below zero.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 8:53PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 15 - 15
Try to make at least one person happy every day. If...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 25 - 15
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out. Alfred Hitchcock Conflict...
don_socal
what was Y Day in 1939?
I am watching the WWw movie series Winds Of War. In...
quirkpod
Weather, it's still winter
and we are having a heat wave , temps from 70-80 degrees;...
west_gardener2
Quotes 3 - 16 - 15
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Pleasant Hearth 5 Piece Preston Fireplace Tool Set - FA016TA
$59.99 | Hayneedle
Enclume Design Long Tools with Tongs 4 Piece Set - FT SET WT
$149.99 | Hayneedle
Uniflame Langer Hook Handle Fireplace Tool Set - F-1267
$122.99 | Hayneedle
Pleasant Hearth 4 Piece Classic Fireplace Tool Set - FA013TA
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Pewter Fireplace Tool Set
Home Decorators Collection
Uniflame Diamond Wrought Iron Fireplace Tool Set - F-1192
$88.95 | Hayneedle
Ball Handle Fireplace Tool Set
Home Decorators Collection
Pleasant Hearth FA092TB Brunet Fire-Retardant Steel Fireplace Toolset with Stand
$44.67 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™