What in the world do you do with them?

gandle(4 NE)January 22, 2014

Yesterday in the grocery store we spotted a 32 oz. can of boiled peanuts. Why would you want a can of boiled peanuts? George wanted to buy a can but I talked him out of it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Can't help you there Leone, I have never even heard of boiled peanuts, only roasted

Bookmark   January 22, 2014 at 4:38PM
anneliese_32(6)

Boiled peanuts are common in the South, especially in peanut country. They are green peanuts, bevore they get brown and dry and then are boiled in saltwater instead of roasted. You eat them as snacks, they are softer than regular salted peanuts.

Bookmark   January 22, 2014 at 5:15PM
Janis_G(z7GA)

What are boiled peanuts?

Boiled peanuts are simply RAW (unroasted) peanuts boiled in salty water for a long time. They are a common snack in the states of South Carolina, Georgia, northern Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and to a lesser extent, North Carolina and Virginia. Boiled peanuts (and similarly boiled soybeans) also exist in other cultures around the globe, throughout Asia, especially, and Western Africa. Boiled peanuts are boiled in the shell and are consumed, still wet, by cracking open the softened shell and slurping down the contents along with the brine.

I have not tried them but I'm game if George is!!!!

Bookmark   January 26, 2014 at 5:13PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Where are you mwheel?
Miss your postings.
west_gardener2
Butterfly Conservatory in Key West
Lots of photo opportunities at this place. I don't...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™