Quote 2 - 25 - 12

don_socalFebruary 25, 2012

The things we truly love stay with us always, locked in our hearts as long as life remains.

Josephine Baker

Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

Sai Baba

What matters is to live in the present, live now, for every moment is now. It is your thoughts and acts of the moment that create your future. The outline of your future path already exists, for you created its pattern by your past.

Sai Baba

In the presence of a sage who is established in universal love, a spiritually dead person comes alive,and a spiritually blind person starts seeing.

~Baba Hari Dass

Guru is one who is higher in knowledge and capable of transmitting that knowledge by words, action, or just being. But the real guru is the pure consciousness that dwells in the heart of everyone.

~Baba Hari Dass

The archer, whose concentration gets fixed on the target, hits the target. One who only looks at the bow and arrow fails. Similarly, one who get fixed on the teachings of the guru achieves the aim, but not the one who simply follows the physical guru. The path to Enlightenment is not a Highway.

~Baba Hari Dass

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

A grand finale to a good week, Don. You always put the right ones together, the very last Baba Hari Dass quote resonates with me.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 9:25AM
don_socal

Thanks Lilo. He started the yoga ashram where I took my body work training and gave me my Indian name, Rajesh.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baba Hari Dass

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 12:04AM
lilosophie

Most interesting, Don, he was a great teacher to you

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 1:20AM
west_gardener

I remember the "yoga ashram" term. We came to the SF bay area in the early 60ties. We drove down Height/Ashbury (sp) in SF, and there were people holding up signs, saying something about join our "ashram".

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 7:13PM
don_socal

The Hellerwork organization rented rooms and a large meeting room at the ashram to conduct the 3 1/2 month long training program that was the last part of the year long deep tissue body work program. We had precious little free time to explore the 5600 acre site on top of the mountain and were invited to sit in on the community gatherings each week. He would have general conversations with the large community and include any group staying there, that is when he gave us each our Indian name if requested.

We also took part in some of the yoga classes taught by Baba Hari Dass and took the community up on a basketball challenge. Babaji played too and he sure could jump for a little guy.This was in 1986 and the community has grown and added new structures and programs since then. It is well known for retreats and classes in yoga and Ayruvedic medicine. It is serene and very centering to sit on the mountain overlooking the Monterey bay as the clouds roll in below you.

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 7:42PM
More Discussions
Butterfly Conservatory in Key West
Lots of photo opportunities at this place. I don't...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 17 - 15
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™