quotes 2 - 22 - 14

don_socalFebruary 22, 2014

Success comes from taking the initiative and following up... persisting... eloquently expressing the depth of your love. What simple action could you take today to produce a new momentum toward success in your life?
Tony Robbins

When you're that successful, things have a momentum, and at a certain point you can't really tell whether you have created the momentum or it's creating you.
Annie Lennox

I think what gets a poem going is an initiating line. Sometimes a first line will occur, and it goes nowhere; but other times - and this, I think, is a sense you develop - I can tell that the line wants to continue. If it does, I can feel a sense of momentum - the poem finds a reason for continuing.
Billy Collins

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Billy Collins is right - I have some first lines waiting to take a direction, and maybe it will come and maybe they have settled to be a fist line forever :o)

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 9:10AM
anneliese_32(6)

I agree with the Lennox quote. First you push and then it pulls and finally you are in agreement.

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 11:11AM
west_gardener

I find " momentum" interesting. I wonder where it comes from? Especially in sports and particularly in team sports.

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 3 - 15
Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 2 - 15
I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the...
don_socal
Got a little bit of snow
After a day of rain and more rain we got sleet and...
anneliese32
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™