Anybody have a drag anchor?

anneliese_32(6)February 24, 2012

I need to borrow one to keep me on the sidewalk. Have to go to the pharmacy, 7 min down the road. It's 45 degr., a pleasant walk. Had to turn around and am going to change my loose nylon jacket for a tight fitting one, we have 45 mph sustaining wind, gusts to 60, I barely could stay on the ground. I would not go if husband did not urgently need his med.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gandle(4 NE)

Same problem here. Went to the farm store yesterday for birdseed. With the bag of seed over a shoulder and the cane on the other side I did quite well. Yes, they said gusts to 60 mph. Anyone need some tumbleweeds? There are a bunch on the south side of the house.

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 1:14PM
anneliese_32(6)

I guess I could use one for decoration, no tumbleweeds here. What do you do with those things? From the looks of them they seem not to be good for composting or anything else I can think of, yet in nature everything seems to have a purpose somewhere (except ticks).

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 2:26PM
rob333

We had that wind yesterday anneliese. If it wasn't for the still blowing wind today, I could've lived without my coat. Had it off, felt ok, then got back out of the car and felt the wind blowing. Nope. Coulda used your drag anchor yesterday, but it's slower now.

hey george, you can sell your tumbleweeds. Check out the link below. Can you believe someone would buy them?

Here is a link that might be useful: tumbleweeds for sale.com

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 3:19PM
west_gardener

Lol. anneliese, I know about needing a "drag anchor" at times. I have had jackets that filled up like balloons in windy weather.
My best jacket is my bicycle jacket. Not only is it made with water and wind resistance material, it has "vent" holes in strategic places, where it whips the moisture away from the body, but it also controls the air flow within the jacket.

Bookmark   February 24, 2012 at 8:06PM
tibs(5/6 OH)

I feel like I caused the wind in my neck of the woods. I had thurs. off and raked all the leaves out of the hedge, tossed them in the compost pile and now the hedge has more leaves. Should know by now not to rush the season.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 12:58PM
mwoods

Same here in Pa. It took out one of trees today.

Bookmark   February 25, 2012 at 7:47PM
don_socal

Sorry to hear about losing trees. Santa Ana winds have been here on and off but not exceedingly strong, just bringing hot dry air off the desert. Then cold in between out of the north. Predict local snow levels to be lowest of season by Monday, 3000 ft.

Bookmark   February 26, 2012 at 2:47AM
rob333

Last year, we had 10 inches of snow. This year, we've had 0.03". We're used to about 6 total. shurgz? Crazy!!! And we're already hitting the 70s. Didn't have to scrape the car windows last week, nor will I have to this week. Weird. This is a full month early.

Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 10:14AM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 3 - 15
Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™