At the end of the day

lucille(Houston)February 12, 2014

I'm pounding posts into the ground for a fence so the dogs don't get into the veggie garden. It is awakening memories of muscles I had forgotten I owned. I've done 5, have another 15 or so to go.

Hot bath, warm pajamas, dogs lying on my feet, a plate of puff pastry canap�s (they come frozen, and a box of them is just about enough for a dinner) and maybe a movie. That's my recipe for the end of the day, when those muscles will be letting me know how they feel,lol.

What is your end-of-day recipe?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

Going home after work and getting into comfortable clothes (i.e. NON work clothes), flopping down on the couch and talking with my son. Kitties on my legs and a mindless activity to unwind. I like to have Welch's grape juice as a special treat some days. My mom always had apple or orange juice in the house growing up, and so, grape juice means I am being pampered rather than the ordinary. Now that my son is 14, he's begun making dinners for us both. Pretty cool and I'm drawing back now that he's stepping up. Wonder what I'll do when he's gone in another four years? I'll have to hire a butler!

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 3:04PM
Janis_G(z7GA)

Jammies and hot tea my kindle or a movie.

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 5:22PM
west_gardener

Lol, today I declared 3pm the end of my work day. All my stuff is done, and I'm watching the olympics on tv.

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 6:26PM
mawheel

Most days, this is my time to come to the G.P. DH is on and off the computer all day long, so when the six o'clock news comes on, I make tracks for my favorite web site. I can listen to the news and read posts at the same time!

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 6:33PM
west_gardener

mwheel , you said it best. "I make tracks for my favorite web site. I can listen to the news and read posts at the same time!"
I like multi tasking.

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 6:55PM
mjmercer

Glass of red wine, MSNBC on TV, internet humming on my laptop, dog at my side, cat somewhere nearby, trying to look cool and aloof. The cat tries to look like that...not me. :o)

Karen

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 11:02PM
zep516

Hot shower, clean clothes. Then I help people in computer help forums for 4 to 5 hours on the internet..

Bookmark   February 12, 2014 at 11:13PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 15 - 15
A man's friendships are one of the best measures of...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 18 - 15
Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 19 - 15
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there...
don_socal
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™