Sick person's paradise?

mrobbins(6b - Brooklyn)February 19, 2014

Hi everyone,

Do you remember that thread we started years ago where we fantasized about the perfect place to recover from a cold? 'Tis the season now, and I am battling bronchitis, and trying to remember all the wonderful things we imagined. I think we had a huge clinic that was both grand and homey, with an indoor waterfall, and a lobby with soft couches and afghans and a screened-in bird habitat where all sorts of little songbirds lived. Private rooms were outfitted with a nice comfy bed whose sheets were changed daily, and whole-room humidifiers that could be scented with eucalyptus, lavender, lemongrass, or peppermint, and a little fridge and pantry stocked with teas, homemade broth and soup, jello, applesauce, and whatever other food you preferred when sick. And of course a nurse came by twice a day to see how you were and call the doctor if necessary.

I tried searching for the thread but couldn't find it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gabriell_gw

Sorry you're not well, hope you find such a place.

Bookmark   February 19, 2014 at 10:21PM
surya55_gw

Sounds like a really lovely thread. I hope you feel better soon.

Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 1:32PM
west_gardener

I hope you get better soon, I don't remember that particular thread, but I remember posts where the "cabana" guys were part of the fantancy thread. It was fun.

Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 7:13PM
pkramer60

Boy, that sounds like a wonderful place but one thing is missing, a cuddly puppy or kitten purring.

Bookmark   February 20, 2014 at 9:08PM
sweet_betsy No AL Z7

Wishing you a speedy recovery, MRobbins, and good to "see" you here.

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 8:03AM
anneliese_32(6)

First of all, get well soon. I too don't remember that threat but it might have been during one of my absences or way back when, during the time when the Garden Party was a very active place and I was just occasionally lurking.
I was wondering the other day if you still looked in once in a while, had a question about NY I thought you might know, Of course now I don't remember what the question was, LOL.

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 9:47AM
Janis_G(z7GA)

Mary, it should have lots of chocolate
and a media room where we could munch on our favorite snacks and watch our favorite movies.

I am sending a big bouquet of sunflowers and many wishes for
a speedy recovery.

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 10:50AM
NHBabs(4b-5aNH)

A practical suggestion:
Make a thermos of your favorite hot beverage, get some good reading matter and snacks, and go to a greenhouse at your local public gardens to just hang out. Most will have seating and the temperature is warm and steamy.

Hope you feel better soon.

Bookmark   February 21, 2014 at 11:20AM
mrobbins(6b - Brooklyn)

Thank you all for the well wishes and ideas! I will definitely add puppies, kittens, movies, and snacks to the fantasy recovery clinic, and the idea of going to the botanic garden for a reality-based approach. I'm beginning to feel better -- good enough to be getting tired of being cooped up in the apartment, but still coughing too much to be in public; and talking more than a little gets me into a coughing fit, so I'm continuing my quarantine for now. I hope you are all well this weekend!

Bookmark   February 22, 2014 at 6:27PM
Pidge

I donâÂÂt have a paradise to offer you, but here are a whole lot of sunflowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: here they come your way

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™