Idyll #427 The Ides of March are upon us...

honey_mi(Z5 MI)February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, PM!

Hmmm. I'll have to plant more delphiniums this year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
honey_mi(Z5 MI)

Mary, this must be the year of broken legs. Sheesh. At least David now has someone to commiserate with, poor kids. On 1-04, the morning after I had a group of friends over for dinner to see DH, my BF walked to her mailbox, slipped on black ice and broke her femur, too. SheÂs still in a cast. Her son, walking on the sidewalk in front of a ski lodge, slipped and fell and broke his ankle. He had to have surgery w/pins and she couldnÂt go to the hospital b/c of her injury. Next door neighbors son, is still recovering from his break. IÂve been real careful this year with all these reminders. So sorry you and David are going thru all this.

Denise, IÂve really gotten into the lime green thing, too. ItÂs a great accent with purple and red. I overhauled our front landscape 2 yrs ago. ItÂs still a work in progress but coming along. HereÂs some pix: The Angelina sedum surrounding "Wine and Roses" Weigelia, is really filling in:

I really love these "Lime Glow" junipers. They do just glow:

Altho not lime, I thot these "Drops of Gold" hollys were interesting. I wanted evergreens in the courtyard by the front door and the azaleas I put there looked awful all winter. So I moved the azaleas to the back and put these little guys in. Since theyÂre so little, I added some hostas and annuals so it didnÂt look so empty.

IÂve been needing a hedgerow behind my garden in the back. The conditions there are brutal. After much research, the only shrubs that seemed to have a chance were yews (not my fav) and boxwoods. So I planted 2-rows of 11 boxwoods across the back. Then a row of 6 Deutzia "Chardonnay Pearls" (lime again) with Heuchera "Peach Flambe" at their feet and finished off with Lamium "White Nancy" in the front.

Gotta run for now.

Honey

Bookmark   February 26, 2009 at 5:50PM
lmcilhargie

Honey, had to comment over here on how much I like what you did with the front gardens. I really love the splashes of lime green. Very, very nice and what an difference from what it looked like before. A job well done! Oh and I love your plant selections in the last picture of the hedgerow too. Deutzia CP and the peach flambe heucheras are both favorites of mine.

Eden

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 7:15AM
Marian_2(Z6 ARKozarks)

Honey, your home and yard are lovely. They are Gardening magazine worthy.
I wish there were not 2 new Idyll #427. I want to honor both! :-(

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 8:17AM
michelle_zone4

Honey, you certainly have the touch both indoors and outdoors. I love what you have done .

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 11:06AM
triple_creek(z5)

Very nice Honey, It looks great. Norma

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 12:29PM
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

You never sit still Honey!!!! Amazing...

Bookmark   February 27, 2009 at 1:27PM
More Discussions
Suggestions To Make This Forum Better
A Private Message feature would be great! Add yours!...
WendyJoZ8
Echinaceas in my Rain Garden
In a rare stroke of luck I just finished my rain garden...
northraleighguy
hhibiscus propagation
how much time it takes for rooting airlayering of Hibiscus...
prasadmbd
Tall Verbena
Having finally put a name to the lanky 3' tall plant...
AnneCecilia z5 MI
Winterizing perennials?
Just moved into a new home with lots of established...
chaven
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™