Arrrgh!

don_socalFebruary 26, 2011

What a day. Possum got scared and freaked out this morning and snagged the back of Missy's hand. A trail of blood led to the bathroom. Her hand was swollen to twice normal in just a few minutes as the vein was cut and blood gathered under the skin.

Emergicare is just down the street but was not open. There was another one open luckily a few miles away attached to the same hospital so they had access to all her records.

After we got back possum had a trip to the vet to get her nails clipped. Now I will have to keep after her so her weapons stay dull. Need to get a good cat nail trimmer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilod(NoCal/8)

Oh that is scary! The critters sure can do some damage fast, and don't even mean it.
My best to Missy for a swift recovery.
I had a bloodbath with cat Taffy not so long ago, and he did the ripping a vein -in the dark, in my bed - and by the time I sorted it all out, there was so much blood (or it looked like it) I thought I was a goner - but it looked a lot worse than it was.

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 11:21PM
anneliese_32(6)

That must have been a fright. Hope Missy feels better by now and the swelling has gone down.

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 5:36AM
mawheel

Wow! That must have been scary! Glad Missy was able to get care, quickly.

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 1:55PM
west_gardener

Oh my, oh my, what a scary situation. Good thing you were around to get Missy the care she needed. Glad she is better. Whew.

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 7:43PM
don_socal

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, the swelling has gone down but the black and blue has spread to the rest of her hand. They said it would do that and be reabsorbed and be weird looking for a couple of weeks.

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 1:11AM
More Discussions
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
Happy Birthday, Don!
Have a great Day, a wonderful year. Wishing you improved...
lilosophie
Quotes 3 - 5 - 15
Any committee is only as good as the most knowledgeable,...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™