quotes 3 - 6 -13

don_socalMarch 6, 2013

Now I need to take a piece of wood and make it sound like the railroad track, but I also had to make it beautiful and lovable so that a person playing it would think of it in terms of his mistress, a bartender, his wife, a good psychiatrist - whatever.
Les Paul

I have always loved to sit in ferry and railroad stations and watch the people, to walk on crowded streets, just walk along among the people, and see their faces, to be among people on street cars and trains and boats.
Ella R. Bloor

If you make music for the human needs you have within yourself, then you do it for all humans who need the same things. You enrich humanity with the profound expression of these feelings.
Billy Joel

Listening is the key to everything good in music.
Pat Metheny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

I like all the quotes. I looked up Les Paul and found him to be a very interesting person. Thanks for the quotes.

Bookmark   March 6, 2013 at 6:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

DS, 50+ has taken up the guitar, so I sent him the Les Paul quote and also the history of Les Paul. He luved it and said that he has come across the Les Paul guitars in the shops, and he is aware that the "pros" value his contributions.
The quotes are more than quotes, they are learning and sharing tools.
Thanks, Don

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 18 - 15
Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness,...
don_socal
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™