quotes 3 - 13 -13

don_socalMarch 13, 2013

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
Albert Camus

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.
Henry David Thoreau

No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha

Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
Buddha

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Leonardo da Vinci

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

As always, such good quotes. It's not easy to be human, is it?

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 1:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

I was thinking about Leonardo da Vinci today as I watched things from the Vatican.

Maybe we have artist that could paint as he did......BUT, do we have what it would take to furnish a place such as the ceiling of the Vatican???? I doubt it.

We would probablly have committees, and meetings, and agendas and etc, we would probably have to agree on colors and placement and whether or not to have complete nudes or just cover up some of those private parts . Could men today agree on just letting Da Vinci do what he wanted to?

Let's give thanks that there was a time when men like Da Vinci could do what they did!!!!

And thanks for the quotes.

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 5:22PM
More Discussions
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 3 - 2 - 15
I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the...
don_socal
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™