Quote 8 March 2012

lilosophieMarch 9, 2012

"Another cat? Perhaps. For love there is also a season; its seeds must be resown. But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another." - Irving Townsend

The cat is the only animal which accepts the comforts but rejects the bondage of domesticity." - Georges Louis Leclerc de Buffon

"If I called her she would pretend not to hear, but would come a few moments later when it could appear that she had thought of doing so first." - Arthur Weigall

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Love cats

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 6:54AM
mawheel

I've always liked animals, but never thought of myself as a "cat person"--until, by default, we got Maggie. That bundle of orange fluff has both DH and me wrapped around her striped tail. We do her bidding--most of the time, gladly! Love your quotes, Lilo.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 7:41AM
anneliese_32(6)

My kind of quotes. Like all animals, but I love the independence of cats, they are not pack animals.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 6:38PM
west_gardener

The black and white cat next door has patrolled it's territory across the fences for years. One day, our other next door neighbor adopted a couple of small kitty brothers from a shelter and the war was on. Black and white kitty was on the hunt for those kitties. It even went into the house, ate their food and tried to chase the interlopers away.

The new kitties/with parents moved away, the black and white kitty is still patrolling the fences.

Bookmark   March 9, 2012 at 8:58PM
More Discussions
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 19 - 15
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™