Saturday March 24, 2012

coconut_njMarch 24, 2012

Last but not least, my favorite quote of the week. I just love books, as I know most of you do too!

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.

Jorge Luis Borges

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tibs(5/6 OH)

i had that on a tee shirt years ago that my sister got me - we are both bookworms.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 6:37AM
mawheel

So many books, so little time is my lament; I'm finding that truer than ever, b/c I cover books for our library before they're shelved and am always seeing some I want to read. I tried keeping a list, but it grew too long, too fast. If there's one or two I can't resist, I check them out before I return them.

Thanks for your quotes, Coconut. I enjoyed them.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 11:10AM
agnespuffin

My #3 son and I had a discussion about this once. We agreed that Heaven would be one big library with every book ever written in it, an easy chair with good light and all the kinds of books that we liked would float to us. All we would have to do is think what we would like.

And then, if and when we got bored, there would be a big cafeteria with every kind of ethnic food there. The son said that there would be signs in the Chinese section that said.."don't try this. It tastes just like everything else."

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 4:49PM
anneliese_32(6)

I hope it is, I still got so many books to read I know I don't have the time for.
Thanks for the good quotes.

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 6:13PM
lilosophie

So many books and so little time, and so many boooks and so little space - and I hate to thin the ones here, even if I never read it again, it's an old friend.
Such good quotes this week, thank you, Cocomut

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 8:15PM
don_socal

We so love to have the shared thoughts of those we emulate and books are the main source of all that knowledge. Would that heaven could be more a place where the thoughts are there for the picking like an overabundant plum tree and the taste is experienced by just turning our mind in that direction. Then there could never be the problem Henry Bemis (Burgess Meredith) had in "Time Enough at Last"

Time Enough at Last UTube

Here is a link that might be useful: Synopsis for

Bookmark   March 24, 2012 at 11:26PM
More Discussions
The advantage of snow.
My forthysia hedges have a low border of blooms, about...
anneliese32
Quotes 3 - 11 - 15
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 27 - 15
We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 16 - 15
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 20 - 15
Do you realize that if you fall into a black hole,...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™