Monday March 19, 2012

coconut_njMarch 19, 2012

I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally.

Calvin Trillin

I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant.

Ursula K. Le Guin

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

How true

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 3:00AM
lilosophie

I like both of them - growing up to be an eggplant, well it could be worse, one could grow up to be a rutabaga - yuck!

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 9:04AM
gandle(4 NE)

Good ones. Hey lilo, there is nothing wrong with a rutabaga. We love them mashed with potatoes.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 1:55PM
agnespuffin

I had not thought of the lack of imagination and eggplant together. But it's a certain amount of truth there. People with no imagination just sit there waiting for others to come up with a recipe for life.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 2:14PM
west_gardener

Never did take to eggplant, but mashed rutabaga and potatoes is a favorite dish. It is called "rotmos" in Swedish. They used to have carts outside the movie theaters in Sweden, where we bought a bun filled with hot rotmos and a sausage. Yum. I fix it here and imagine I'm 15 again and waiting to see the movie, Rock around the clock.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 2:34PM
lilosophie

I developed a prejudice against rutabaga during the war years when I wasn't living at home and had to get my meals out, giving ration cupons for anuthing with meat, butter in it, and your 50 grams of meat went fast. There was always ration-free rutabaga available, cooked in water, they added some salt and some other available seasoning, and that was what my friends and I ate most of the time, saving the meat-cupon for sunday dinner. It did get pretty tiresome.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 7:59PM
More Discussions
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
Quotes 3 - 3 - 15
Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™