welcome springtime

oscarthecat(z7MD)March 25, 2013

Arose to find an inch of snow and still snowing. Do not think my groundhog will be out today. Steve in Baltimore County.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

Good morning, Steve. I live about 70 miles west of you in Berkekey County, WV. We got about three inches overnight, and it's snowing here, again, too. I doubt we'll see the ground hog, today, either!

I'm supposed to go to church in 30 minutes to help count yesterday's offering. I'll give it a try, but if the roads are bad, I'm coming back home!

Stay warm andinside, if possible. Happy Spring!

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 7:58AM
lilosophie

It has been cold at night and sunny and warm in the day-time and I have spent the afternoons out gardening. I am determined to pull all the grassy weeds in the beds before the late spring rains make them 6 ft. tall and they go to seed,as it was the last two springs because of so many rainy days. Today I shall take the weed-whacker to them to cut them down in areas where nothing is sprouting yet - then there shall be a week of rain and I'll have to stay indoors and fid things to do - I'm sure I shall not get bored.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 9:30AM
anneliese_32(6)

Since midnight rain, snow, freezing rain, snow again and now strong very cold winds. It's 34 degr, but factor in the windchill and it's 19 degr. Went this morning to my chiropractor and was the only human on the road on the 2 mile stroll.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 2:59PM
west_gardener

It has been warm here the last few weeks and one of my lettuce plants is starting to bolt. The others are not far behind. So much for cool weather plantings.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 6:59PM
anneliese_32(6)

We are not the only ones with springtime problems. The city of Leipzig, Germany, ordered 11 700 pansies from a local nursery for their parks and city street plantings.
They were to be planted in the first week of March. Snow and frost since has prevented the planting and the nursery needs to get rid of the plants because they have to get ready and need the space for their summer plants. Now the city is desperately looking for a frostfree hall to store the plants until they can get in the ground.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 7:25PM
west_gardener

anneliese, no matter how hard we try to control nature, stuff happens.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 7:36PM
ANWA_1234

If it arrived to your country, can You please ask it to come faster to Poland? We are tired of the snows blocking our plants from growing :(((

Here is a link that might be useful: ANWA - firma ogrodnicza

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 7:03PM
west_gardener

Hello ANWA_, welcome to the Garden Party. If I knew how, I'd send some of our California warm temps to Poland. I'm from Norway, and I can identify about a cold spring.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 7:28PM
mawheel

Hi there, ANWA. Welcome to the Garden Party. I can't give you any gardening advice, but think your web site is nice. My only problem is that I don't know a WORD of Polish! LOL

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 8:24AM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

the snow is gone, the groundhog is out, hope it's for real this time. Hi ANWA!!!!!!

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 4:47PM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

hi mwheel, go to google, click on 2011 west virginia u marching band armed forces salute. wonder how many hours of practice that took.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 3:20PM
mawheel

Steve, thanks for the link. How impressive the band is! Those formations are incredibile; That kind of perfection takes a lot of dedication and school spirit. I also saw some band perfectiions from Marshall University, Do you think there's anything that can't be found on the 'net, if one really wants to search? It's almost scary, IMO.

Again, thanks for the link.

Happy Easter.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 6:01PM
west_gardener

oscarthecat, that show was awesome. Thanks for posting.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 6:59PM
More Discussions
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™