Really outnumbered

gandle(4 NE)March 21, 2014

Just had Leone, DIL, DIL's mother, Gdaughter, G daughter IL, 3 great g daughters from 6 mos to 4. They were here for about 4 hours. A little outnumbered by gender but who cares. Held the baby until she needed feeding. got to play with the 2 and 4 year olds. We had a lot of games I confess I had no idea what we were doing but it was hilarious. Had to have g daughter help me get up from the floor but would have played with them all day if they had stayed.

And, hard to believe. One of the twin granddaughters is running for county commisioner in Seward county NE. Seems like just a few weeks ago I was going to her school plays and basketball games. She and her husband have taken in 3 foster kids from a dysfunctional family in Omaha. Mother in prison, father a druggie. Now they are thinking of trying to get the court to let them adopt them. Mother burned one of the boys with cigarettes on his neck and hands. Haven't seen the kids yet in person but DIL tells us they are surprisingly easy to care for. I guess grateful for some stability. 2 boys 2 and 7, girl 4. I pray that it works out for these kids and the family.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

I agree, it is so much fun playing with kids and they do enjoy being silly. And I doubt that any of them noticed the gender difference. Lol, I also need help to get up from the floor after playing with GS, age 7, and there are plenty of arms to help me get up.
Good for you to get down with the kids.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 7:13PM
anneliese_32(6)

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I don't have any little ones in the family, the youngest is 15 and she was 7 when she became a family member. It's been a long time that I played wiggle worm for the kids.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 9:48AM
mjmercer

I think it's wonderful and brave, what your GD and her husband are doing. This world will be a better place for their kind and loving efforts.

Karen

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 1:34PM
gabriell_gw

What a wonderful thing your granddaughter and her husband are doing. I'm glad you had a chance to play with the little ones,

I once sat on the floor to take my granddaughter's hem. Even with her help it was hard getting up.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 9:16PM
More Discussions
The advantage of snow.
My forthysia hedges have a low border of blooms, about...
anneliese32
Quotes 3 - 27 - 15
We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 17 - 15
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 16 - 15
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about...
don_socal
Quotes 4 - 1 - 15
The most important things are the hardest things to...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Density Vase
$31.99 | Dot & Bo
Ivy Antique Brass 120 to 170 Inch Curtain Rod
$77.95 | Bellacor
Quilted Hammock: Island Bay Nautical Quilted Hammock
$84.98 | Hayneedle
Orange 45607R 23.8 ft 5C Green Wire 70 LED Christmas Lights
EnvironmentalLights.com
A19 Lighting | Grenada Downlight Wall Sconce
$99.99 | YLighting