I saw See's today. Yay! :o)

mjmercerMarch 26, 2011

I've been aware for years of a See's outlet store in the far southwest burbs of my city. I resisted tracking it down because I can gain weight just walking through their front door.

My will power crumbled today. After visiting Hausermann's Orchids (yes, a phal from the sale table followed me home lolol), I motored on down to Downer's Grove, IL, where I loaded up on gourmet lollipops (the box of assorteds) and one butterscotch covered in milk chocolate. Although I can't figure out why it's called butterscotch because to me it tastes just like maple sugar. Either way, YUM.

A new orchid and a box full of sugary deliciousness. It was a good day!

And you? How are you spending the weekend?

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

I was dodging rain drops while taking a walk. Eating a mini Cadbury, creme egg. Is it Easter yet? I'm looking for the caramel kind. Your weekend sounds great. Candy and flowers. Can't beat that.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 7:02PM
petaloid(SoCal 10a/24)

My dad is originally from Downer's Grove -- I will tell him they have a See's outlet now.

I love See's candy and like to say that I was raised on it, along with recipes made with Campbell's soup. A child of the fifties.

I'm just vegging out, but will try to do a bit of housekeeping before day is done. It's threatening to rain again -- enough already!

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 7:36PM
don_socal

We have a See's right here in town about 10 minutes away next door to a feed and pet food store we go to often. I got Missy a box of truffles last time I was down there. She immediately hid them so they wouldn't disappear. She gave me a couple since I was good.

Did the rear brakes on the truck today, shoes and wheel cylinders. I used to be OK with getting greasy but now not so much. Crawling around on the driveway is also not as much fun as it used to be.

Bookmark   March 26, 2011 at 9:07PM
anneliese_32(6)

Cleaned out some overgrown bushes and some long overdue housework since they let my husband go home for the weekend and he promised me he try to get up only when I was there.

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 9:03AM
mawheel

The title of your post reminded me of that old joke where the hobo asked for a handout. The lady of the house looks at her woodpile -- but the hobo says, "Lady, you saw me see that wood, but you ain't gonna see me saw it!" LOL

I've never heard of a store called "See's"; maybe it's a Mid-west and/or West Coast chain? Candy and flowers are always a good combination.

Yesterday was laundry day, as usual; this morning was church and now 'puter time. If I can talk DH into it, we may go see "The Lincoln Lawyer" with Matthew MacConauhy. (Sp.?)

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 1:37PM
pamven(z5neastindiana)

DH is in the downsize mode...so what do we do....drive around looking at condos that have at LEAST 2000 more sq ft than the house we now live in now. So my day was spent contemplating murder....
Chocolate covered maple creams from Sees.....sigh

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 3:56PM
minnie_tx

Never heard of Sees candy until last year when someone sendt me a thank you gift of theior candy, What a treat!!

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 21 - 15
Life is a lot like jazz... it's best when you improvise. George...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 3 - 15
Late afternoon on the West Coast ends with the sky...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™