And another weather report

anneliese_32(6)March 11, 2014

Now, 6:35 PM EST it's 75 degr. Yeah! In 24 hours? Low 30th. Winds 35 - 45 hrs. Rain, maybe some snow and at night approx, 19 plus windchill down to 0. Waaah!

I just got all my dead branches and broken ones out to the curb. I guess I have to start all over in a couple of days.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

With all the variations in outdoor temps, it is amazing that we (not all) are able to adapt and somehow manage a 98.6 or so.
It's 78 degrees on our patio as I speak.
I'm still looking for rain.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 6:57PM
don_socal

Next week 83, 77, 79, 87, 90, 86, 82, 78, 71

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 7:24PM
lilosophie

Low 30's in the morning and middle 70's afternoon all week and maybe more. Happy we had the rain, the earth is really happy.
A picture of the goats enjoying early morning sun

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 9:06PM
gandle(4 NE)

We had the weather anneliesa is writing about. 70's yesterday and the day before. Snowing and raining today. 29 degrees now with 40 mph wind. Good thing we are adaptable.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 9:24PM
rob333

Lilo, I love the picture!

don, I'm gonna come "get you". Shame on you for flaunting it. KIDDING

yep, same as you anneliese. I left feeling pretty good, no jacket, no socks, knowing that I'll be freezing when I RUN to the car after work today.

_____
I have been enjoying the reprieve. Next week, I have to go to class in a building a couple of blocks away that has no parking. So I have to walk. January was single digit weather. February it was in the 30s and this month it'll be in the 40s. I wish I'd taken this class from May-July. oops! It's for work, nothing that'll make more money for now (I would say, nothing exciting, but I'm enjoying it). Just give me a foothold up and maybe save my job? Or give me contacts if I were to lose it.

Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 8:02AM
mawheel

The storm is supposed to hit the Mid-Atlantic full force during the overnight hours. The winds and temperature drop are going to be severe, if they materialize. Think I'll go to the grocery store after lunch--probably along with everybody else !
In the mean while, I'm listening to train horns/whistles;there seem to be more than usual. I love to hear them--Are they trying to 'get on the fast track' ahead of the storm? ( see what I meant about the English-language?) Lol

Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 10:55AM
More Discussions
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 2 - 15
I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the...
don_socal
Butterfly Conservatory in Key West
Lots of photo opportunities at this place. I don't...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™