Quote 14 April 2012

lilosophieApril 14, 2012

A daydream is a meal at which images are eaten. Some of us are gourmets, some gourmands, and a good many take their images precooked out of a can and swallow them down whole, absent-mindedly and with little relish. ~W.H. Auden

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. ~Theodore Geisel

The theoretician believes in logic and believes that he despises dreams, intuition, and poetry. He does not recognize that these three fairies have only disguised themselves in order to dazzle him.... He does not know that he owes his greatest discoveries to them. ~Antoine de Saint-Exup�ry, Wartime Writings 1939-1944, translated from French by Norah Purcell

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_socal

Daydreams, nonsense, fantasy, intuition and poetry, the things that life is made of, how bland it would be without them.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 11:52AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

Oh the roads I have traveled and the stories I have lived in my daydreams, it's fun, inexpensive, does not hurt and nobody can mess up your schedule.

Lilo, thanks for a grand week. Warning to all others, no way can I equal Lilo's week.

Bookmark   April 14, 2012 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
arturo_barrera
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™