Quotes Saturday April 28, 2012

coconut_njApril 28, 2012

You can't be suspicious of a tree, or accuse a bird or a squirrel of subversion or challenge the ideology of a violet.

Hal Borland Author 1900-1978

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour.

William Blake Poet, painter 1757-1827

As we grow older we should become not less radical but more so.

Margaret Laurence Author, environmentalist 1926-1987

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

What a marvelous week.
Every quote you posted was one I would have liked to have posted. Thanks you very much.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 8:57AM
lilosophie

Wonderful quotes - I am sure you planted seeds this week.
Thank you

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 9:27AM
calliope(6)

I also enjoyed reading them. The sheer fact of existing as a human impacts everything around us, though. It's a good thing when people begin to be aware of that impact. Some choose to act on this knowledge, and some don't. All of us who do, still are faced with choices on a daily basis. Sadly, there are some things we find little control over, such as the 'disposability' of consumer products anymore. This disposability is built into the product for several reasons, one of which is to make it cheaper to the consumer, but it also insures continued purchases when the repairs are more expensive than a new product. Technology also forces begrudging consumerism. Ever try to run a dos program on windows seven?

We mention how consumer oriented Americans are compared to other countries, but you will find given the same availability to goods and services as we have been fortunate enough to have, I suspect you'll find all human species are pretty much the same and their lust will expand directly proportionally to their ability to acquire.

It's sometimes disheartening, but alls we can do is what we can do over which we have control. That's not a lot to ask, really.

Thanks for the good week of quotes.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 1:43PM
mawheel

Thanks for your quotes, this week. They were all good and worth reading over and over.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 3:16PM
west_gardener

Great Quotes for this week. A lot to think about.

Had to grin about the first quote of today. He has not met the squirrels in my back yard.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 8:38PM
More Discussions
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
Please excuse my tardiness
Power went out Thurday late evening, got back after...
anneliese32
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™