quotes 4 - 12 - 14

don_socalApril 12, 2014

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Anais Nin

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
Albert Einstein

And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything.
William Shakespeare

He is richest who is content with the least, for content is the wealth of nature.
Socrates

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.
e. e. cummings

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
John Ruskin

Earth laughs in flowers.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The bluebird carries the sky on his back.
Henry David Thoreau

Except during the nine months before he draws his first breath, no man manages his affairs as well as a tree does.
George Bernard Shaw

Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.
John Lubbock

Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'
Robin Williams

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

Don, you outdid yourself today. There is not one quote I can't wholeheartedly agree with. Thank you for a good start of the weekend.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 6:17AM
mawheel

I hope your TV station shows some pictures of the Cherry Blossoms in Wash., D.C. They're at the peak of their bloom and the parade is today. And it looks as if the weather will cooperate; at 8:38 a.m., the temp is already 52 degrees, the sky is clear and blue, and the sunshine is very welcome. All of the tourists who have come to D.C. for this festival should be happy, today.

Don, the quotes are heart-warming and should remind all of us to look around and appreciate the natural beauty which God gives us; thank you for them.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 8:41AM
lilosophie

Inspirational quotes for today and to remember. I know I am fortunate to live close to Nature. Asked if it is hard makes me laugh, of course, it isn't easy sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 9:46AM
kris_zone6

Great quotes today. Thank you.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 9:55AM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 16 - 15
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 17 - 15
Green is the prime color of the world, and that from...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 11 - 15
Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning...
don_socal
what was Y Day in 1939?
I am watching the WWw movie series Winds Of War. In...
quirkpod
Quotes 3 - 24 - 15
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™