quotes 4 - 18 - 14

don_socalApril 18, 2014

It is better to travel well than to arrive.
Buddha

We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot

The world is a country which nobody ever yet knew by description; one must travel through it one's self to be acquainted with it.
Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield

I never saw a discontented tree. They grip the ground as though they liked it, and though fast rooted they travel about as far as we do.
John Muir

To travel is to take a journey into yourself.
Danny Kaye

Songs really are like a form of time travel because they really have moved forward in a bubble. Everyone who's connected with it, the studio's gone, the musicians are gone, and the only thing that's left is this recording which was only about a three-minute period maybe 70 years ago.
Tom Waits

Travel is one of the best anti-war weapons that there are. I've been to Iran, and if you're there you see little kids, cops, old people, cemeteries. Once you see that, you can't say, 'Oh, Iran, let's bomb them.'
Viggo Mortensen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

I applaud Viggo Mortenson

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 9:34AM
west_gardener

I wish I could agree with Mortenson, but I can't. There are hawks that have been to that region, they have seen the families, seen the mangled bodies, both sivilians and military and they scream for more war.

All the rest of the quotes I agree with.
I will now retire my brain to the Muir woods

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 5:42PM
anneliese_32(6)

I know that travels to and extended stays in other countries have influenced my outlook on other cultures and people, all to the better. People and regimes are not necessarily the same.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 8:25PM
lilosophie

Anneliese, I agree. People who travel and hawks who "go there" are an entirely different mind-set

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 12:42AM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™