April in .... Ogunquit? :-)

prairiemoon2 z6 MAApril 11, 2009

The weather couldn't have been more perfect! With a light fleece jacket it was warm enough despite the wind. The sun shined most of the time we were there, so much so, I have a sunburn on my face...lol. On the way, we stopped at some outlet stores and picked up a few kitchen tools, including a new wooden pepper mill. It was high tide when we arrived at the beach and there was even one lone surfer in a wet suit.....the open ocean...

And the inlet with DH in the distance...the different shades of blue in the water was so beautiful.....

This is from across the way, looking back on where we were standing on the beach earlier....can you see the surfer in the wet suit?...he is a black speck in the farthest to the right whitecap [g]...

I saw this and said to DH... 'Oh, I have to take a photo of that for Chelone' ...DH : 'Who?' ....'You know, my 'imaginary friends' lol

We love the name of this cafe and had to have breakfast there, on a past trip....this was on the way to another part of town...

The other part of town....one of the restaurants, looking very different than in June...

Around the corner, another restaurant has a small garden....

Saw these and thought of Mary and her crafts....

Outside a gift shop...

Inside the giftshop...

On our way out of town, in front of another shop. Isn't this neat?

The end of the tour. :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chelone

Ogunquit means, "beautiful place by the sea".

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 6:29AM
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

When I was visiting a friend in Ogunquit long ago, I saw a sculpture for sale of a birdwatcher. I've always wished I had bought it... Your climbing children remind me of that! We stayed in a small wonderful B&B and went to my friend's art exhibit nearby. It was a wonderful visit!

Thanks for the tour and the memories!

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 7:13AM
veronicastrum(z5 IL)

Nice tour - I love the glass balls in the gift shop, as well as the small things on the wall. Reminds me a bit of my favorite gift shop here in town.

V.

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 8:30AM
michelle_zone4

What a wonderful way to spend a day. The ocean looks like it could be summer. You found so many interesting things to share - thanks.

Michelle

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 4:51PM
gardeningmary

What a lovely photo tour. I love the water scenes and buildings but I especially enjoyed the peek into the gift shop. I've been scrutinizing your photos up close for details and idea:0)

Thank you for sharing

Mary

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 5:29PM
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

Lovely photos!!!! thanks for the tour.

Deanne

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 5:43PM
saucydog(z5MA)

I really (really, really, really) like that school of fish on the wall - that's the shade of blue that I like in the garden :)

It looks like a lovely day, but I can't imagine being in the ocean even in my wetsuit (and I was in the Atlantic on New Year's Day a couple of years ago!).

Thanks for taking us along.

Saucy

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 5:52PM
Marian_2(Z6 ARKozarks)

I love all the pics, but espacially the ocean scenes and the gift shop. I would love to have some of those balls, and the fish plaques. My bathroom is decorated with fish plaques and a fish covered shower curtain. ;-)
Thanks for sharing with us.

Marian

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 7:17PM
dodgerdudette

What a treat for this California girl to visit such a pretty New England village by the sea. I had to laugh that so many of us liked the gift shop !

Thanks for posting these !

Kathy in Napa

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 7:51PM
lmcilhargie

What beautiful scenery and what a great day trip! Thanks for sharing it all with us. I enjoyed it very much!

Eden

Bookmark   April 11, 2009 at 11:09PM
More Discussions
Are you missing past content?
I went searching for my old comments on GW and according...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Whatcha' doing?
What garden related shenanigans are you guys up to? I'm...
christinmk z5b eastern WA
liatris bulbs
I just bought bulbs. Can I start them in a pot now...
sorie6
What plant are you anxiously awaiting the return of in the spring?
Well, maybe not *anxiously* awaiting but awaiting nevertheless. For...
mxk3
true pink or purple oriental poppies
Hi, I've tried to grow pink and purple oriental poppies...
mary_rockland
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™