Bet I won't complain about hot weather this summer

gandle(4 NE)April 23, 2013

I'm not going to open the museum this A.M. Temps in the high teens and with a high wind. Not sure I would want anyone dumb enough to get out of their car to visit today. Miserable out side. For tthe first time in my memory, the spinach got severly damaged when the temps hit 5 degrees last week. It can take any temperature in the winter when it is dormant but when it is in a strong growing mode it gets hurt at such low temps . Think 100 degrees might feel good

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

I feel for you, George. Winter sure has a grip on your neck of the woods.
I'm so fortunate to have a nice spring for a change, it is warm and dry - too dry, will complain by September "not enough water", but right now mild and sunny gets me going in the garden, and I am a happy camper.
Wish I could push some of this your way,

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 9:49AM
west_gardener

Lol, Gandle, I won't take you up on your bet. I've said the same thing for many years, and I still talk about the weather.
We've had hot temps for weeks now. and my cold weather veggies are wilting or bolting big time.

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 8:33PM
don_socal

The weather is any thing but normal, we have had days in the 80's with the next cloudy and gloomy in the 60's the last couple of weeks. Then some nights warm enough for shorts and a t shirt then down in the low 40's.

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 1:57AM
anneliese_32(6)

I add to the chorus, this years weather is nuts. Ours is up and down faster than a yo yo. The apple tree in my neighbor's yard opened on Sunday. This morning there is a pink carpet underneath, beaten of blooms by heavy rain and strong winds. The dogwoods do a little bit better, but they are in the windshadow of the house.

Bookmark   April 24, 2013 at 11:31AM
mawheel

My sister, who lives year-round in FL., took some friends from Canada to the airport, yesterday morning, for their flight home. (They'll return in Nov.) Anyway, the temp for Ft. Myers was forecast for 90 degrees; (it reached that figure later in the day). When the Canadians got home, they were greeted by a "blinding" snowstorm! Of course, their home is a considerable distance from FL, but gee whiz, it is the middle of April!

Bookmark   April 25, 2013 at 7:31AM
yem1

Hey, do not focus weather. Just focus on your work. Weather will come and go. You just be strong.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 6:08AM
More Discussions
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 5 - 15
Any committee is only as good as the most knowledgeable,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™