I didn't know they still made that

gandle(4 NE)April 12, 2013

Leone came home with a small basket of soaps she won at a card party. I smelled one my step-mother used to use. Cashmere Boquet. I never wanted to use it as a kid, thought it smelled too perfumed. I liked Lifebouy and for shampoos we always used Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. Don't remember why, certainly not for the fragrance. Smelled like an asphalt road on a hot day.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

Oh, that brings back memories, Even after 50 years, I can still remember the scent.

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 6:50PM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Can still order Lifebuoy from Vermont Country Store

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 8:53PM
mjmercer

I will forever associate the fresh, calming scent of Coast bar soap with my dear coastal friend Sue. She keeps a bar in her guest room. That's where I first encountered it and I sort of imprinted on a combination of place/person/scent.

Karen

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 11:48PM
lilosophie

Cashmere Bouquet is also available at the Vermont Country Store - so are many of the old colognes -I don't buy them but like to know they are still around.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 12:58AM
anneliese_32(6)

It's amazing how many things you can't find anymore anywhere else, but there they are in the Vermon Country Store inventory.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 6:38AM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Yes also pine tar soap and shampoo. Are we ever getting nostalgic here???

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 7:41AM
gandle(4 NE)

I buy Licorice All Sorts and boston brown bread in a can at Vermont Country Store. I see they sell Walnettos, remember them? Wish I could remember the advertising jingle. Know it started Walnettos arwe crunchy and chewy, you'll go for that swell caramel. Think the the last line was something like Oh boy but Walnettos arwe swell.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 11:03AM
anneliese_32(6)

Another store which has a lot of oldfashioned goods where many Amish shop is Lehman's Country Store. It carries all the stuff you wished you had when there is a prolonged power outage, but also food and has a great website. I got years ago my sicle from there when I could find locally only those small things which are better at scratching then cutting.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 27 - 15
We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 21 - 15
What is a television apparatus to man, who has only...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 19 - 15
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really...
don_socal
Happy St. Patrick's Day
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! II'm not wearing green and...
mawheel
what was Y Day in 1939?
I am watching the WWw movie series Winds Of War. In...
quirkpod
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™