We used to have a lot of grape hyacinth blooming
until thr cat decided hat they were great grazing material. She will start on a section and eat as many as 10 to 12 blooms. She just stands there happily eating grape hyacinth blooms. Must not be toxic or she would be long gone by now. This isn't the first year she has decided that they are about the most delicious things, she has been doing it for years. One year Leone mixed up some Tobasco sauce and water and tried that poured on the as a deterrent but it didn't work. Now we just let the idiotic cat graze.
I'm probably crazy but seem to remember earing in some high class Italian restaurant and having pickled grape hyacinth bulbs on the plate. Remember quizzing the waiter about what they were and swear he said grape hyacinth bulbs.