What is on your bucket list?

don_socalApril 2, 2012

Mine...

1 Visit Sister in New Zealand and see that Island/country.

2.Visit friends and relatives most of whom I have not met in person, that includes the people here that will put up with me at least for lunch.

3. See many of the national and state parks and monuments again or for the first time.

There is more but those are the top 3.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

I lost my bucket.

IF you come this way on a Friday, drop by. We cook big on Fridays because #3 Son comes for lunch....always cook extra so don't need advance notice. The side door is always open.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 6:48PM
west_gardener

I've done the travel, brought the family to visit the relatives in the old country, the relatives came to visit us in the "new" country. I did that in my younger years and I'm so happy to have kept in touch.
My bucket list is pretty local these days.
Stay home and enjoy whatever I choose to do.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 7:31PM
anneliese_32(6)

My bucket is for the time being upside down in storage. Ours was brimfull with travel plans "after retirement", but with my husbands illness the bucket got emptied and a long reading list is about the only thing left, because I can do that at home.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 7:47PM
mawheel

My bucket isn't lost, but it definitely has a hole in it! But I still dream of getting back to Banff, and reveling in the glory of the Canadian Rockies. Not sure it'll happen, b/c life keeps getting in the way, but it's fun to think about.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 8:43PM
endorphinjunkie(z7bAlabama)

Kona Iron Man. The great American novel. Traveling the world as a tourist. Simple, easy things like that.

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 10:01PM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

growing the best dahlias ever here in Maryland

going back to Washington State for summer of '13

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 8:14AM
pamven(z5neastindiana)

Africa!!!!

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 10:06AM
meldy_nva(z6b VA)

My bucket varies according to mood.

I would like to travel the US in a self-contained mini-van. Not too likely given the rising cost of gas, but I can dream. There are a lot of places I'd like to see again, ranging from the redwoods to the Rockies to Old Faithful; and some I'd like to see for the first time such as Glacier Park and Puget Sound. I don't know how many of those blue-line roads still exist, but it would be fun to see what's changed in the past fifty years.

Another bucket would be to have some basic re-modelling done on this old house: put on the porch that was promised when it was first bought, change the bath to make it convenient and add another which would have a walk-in tub; and maybe, finally, get the long-promised solar-radiant heat. This bucket is actually possible.

I've outlived almost all of my old friends, but there are some newer friends scattered across the US. It would be great to see them again.

I'd like to see the bay of Fundy again and watch the bore rise. And walk through the Niagara Botanical Park again ~ this time without the tired 3 year old :) Thinking about the size of that park, maybe that bucket should contain a long summer visit.

Bookmark   April 3, 2012 at 11:54AM
mjmercer

Just gotta get myself relocated to wine country (basically anywhere approx. 1 hour north/northeast of San Francisco) while I'm still vertical. Workin' on it.

Karen

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Happy Birthday, Don!
Have a great Day, a wonderful year. Wishing you improved...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™