A change of menu

gandle(4 NE)April 8, 2012

Since just George and I were here for Easter dinner I bought a good looking pork roast, but when we opened the package it didn't smell right especially near the bone. So, for Easter dinner we had egg salad sandwichs and homemade mayonaisse on the bread. Oh, and tomato bisque made from home canned tomatoes. I'll take the receipt back Tuesday and get my money back. They never argue.

You know, that was a darn good Easter dinner and the company was good too, we are rather used to each other.

When your kids go to their kids house for holidays to enjoy their grandchildren well, that is O.K.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Joann and I cooked a 9 lb. ham for the two of us, Ron wasn't feeling well - all those meds he has to take sometimes make him feel worse than his ailments - had mashed potatoes and asparagus,it was a fine meal and the ham will make good leftovers and bone is good for soup.

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 9:40AM
mawheel

It was just DH and I for dinner, yesterday. Lilo, my ham was MUCH smaller than the one you cooked, just a quarter of one (less than 2 lbs), but there is still way too much left over. So, that's what we'll have, too--leftovers, maybe ham salad sandwiches, and freeze the rest. There was no bone, so guess I won't make soup. We had asparagus, too, with potato salad and crescent rolls and chocolate cheesecake for dessert. It all tasted pretty good! :>)

Leone, your egg salad sandwiches and tomato bisque, sounded good, too. You're right about the company improving the meal.

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 2:43PM
anneliese_32(6)

Since it was just us two for dinner, I got a small ham steak. Then came the invasion and they were wondering why we did not have a good big ham. Well, if they would have let us know that they planned to come, but no, just the doorbell ringing at 3 PM and I am supposed to have dinner for four more. Luckily I had a couple of large steaks in the freezer.

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 4:27PM
tibs(5/6 OH)

I did a leg of lamb. Only 2nd time I did one. Actually a 1/2 leg. With the bone in. We all decided that we like other kinds of meat better.

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 7:02PM
meldy_nva(z6b VA)

We're in the process of establishing new traditions. For 40+ years I have cooked and taken meals to SisIL's house; dinner for 6 to 18 (depending on how many of family were local). Now that SIL is in Colorado, DD is hostessing most getogethers. Her husband is a great cook, so I now only make a few side dishes instead the whole meal (yay!)

DD & SonIL share house with childhood friend ~ who was just diagnosed with having shingles. Doc said no visitors in house for 3 weeks. So a last-minute change of locale to SonIL's mother's house. Menu was ham, fresh asparagus sauted with garlic and pine nuts, mixed greens salad, potato salad, a marvelous fresh fruit salad, and crescent rolls. We all ate too much.

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 15 - 15
Try to make at least one person happy every day. If...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 26 - 15
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 27 - 15
We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 28 - 15
To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 14 - 15
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Oster OGG3701 .7 cu. ft. Microwave Oven - 836321003969
$69.99 | Hayneedle
Polystone Chef with Chalkboard
Overstock.com
Black Ceramic Message Tiles
Classic Hostess
Foscarini | Aplomb Linear Multipoint Pendant
YLighting
Foscarini | Havana Round Multipoint Pendant
YLighting