Good Lawn Vacuum? Snapper?

lindatexasNovember 9, 2009

Hi,

Really want a good lawn vacuum/mulcher. Already ankle deep in leaves and only a fraction has fallen. So many leaves blowing and mowing not that practical and so time consuming. Have about 1/3 acre and my mom has about 1/2 with many mature oaks. This will go on for months. So tired of spending weeks and breaking our backs.

Can anyone recommend a vacuum/shredder? Does anyone have the Snapper SV2565B? Or something they could recommend?

Thank you!

LindaTexas

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rustyj14(W/PA)

I have a Snapper Hi-vac riding mower, with the large bagger on the back. First, i ride around and chop up the leaves, without the tube connected to the mower deck. Then, after i get a lot of them chopped smaller, i install the tube, and go around and vacuum them into the rear bagger.
Another method, is to leave the adapter chute off, tie up the flopper cover, and drive around and chop the leaves up much smaller, then do the normal pickup with the chute and bag.
That said: Go buy a Garden Rake! T.M. name. It has a cart that ya tow, an auxiliary engine/chopper that sets on the cart tongue, and a large flexible tube that runs from the deck to that engine, then from there into the enclosed cart! Two of my near neighbors have them! Those things suck up almost everything you can see, and some ya can't! If i could afford one, i'd have one!
Some machines have an extra feature--you can disconnect one tube and suck the leaves off yer shrubs, and outta yer garden--hence the name--Garden Rake. Expensive, but good investment.

Bookmark   November 10, 2009 at 3:21PM
lindatexas

Thanks so much for your reply. But we don't have a riding mower.
Sigh. Linda

Bookmark   November 10, 2009 at 9:36PM
bogman

Troy-Bilt makes two lawn leaf vacs. I have the non self propelled model and it, while able to handle lots of leaves, is a relatively heavy machine especially with a full bag of chopped leaves.This bag can weigh about 50# with some leaves.They make a self propelled model which should help with the job.

Bookmark   November 11, 2009 at 5:06PM
More Discussions
Shindaiwa T18 Trimmer TK Carb Rebuild
During the process of cleaning and replacing the diagphrams...
sjsmithjr
why does it kick back
why does a briggfs stratton mower kick back
lbpeterbuilt
Best self propelled walk behind mulching mower
Hey Guys and Gals, in the market for the best all around...
mowman07
Anyone ever use an electric mower?
As you may know, ethanol in our gasoline is really...
FrogmoreFarm
Troy Bilt Snow Blower
I have a Troy-Bilk 21", 4 cycle, 123cc ohv engine....
redrabbit
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™