quotes 5 - 14 - 14

don_socalMay 14, 2014

Some of our most exquisite murders have been domestic, performed with tenderness in simple, homey places like the kitchen table.
Alfred Hitchcock

You know, you really can't beat a household commodity - the ketchup bottle on the kitchen table.
Adlai E. Stevenson

Back in the '40s and early '50s, building simple electronic projects was a popular hobby of many people. Back then, you could buy, you know, a few parts and - with tubes and build something on your kitchen table, and it would actually work.
Robert Moog

Women oftentimes are the ones making those economic decisions, sitting around the kitchen table and trying to figure out how to pay for rising gas prices or food prices or the health insurance costs. And I think that they see where they expect their leaders in Congress to also make those tough decisions.
Cathy McMorris Rodgers

Listen to the women. Women say exactly what they want. Who has concrete plans - not macroeconomics but kitchen table economics. Who will change the situation for their families, and help restore the middle class. Women are also sick to death of having their bodies and their lives treated as a political football.
Celinda Lake

When I was in fourth grade, a novelist came to talk to my English class. She told us that being an author meant sitting at the kitchen table in pajamas, drinking tea with the dogs at your feet.
J. Courtney Sullivan

I'm at the age where food has taken the place of sex in my life. In fact, I've just had a mirror put over my kitchen table.
Rodney Dangerfield

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

The kitchen table used to be the hub of family life, but it is disappearing. Replaced by the breakfast bar and hit and run meals, everyone concentrating on their phones, pads or whatever.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 9:30AM
west_gardener

Lol, setting aside the drama of Alfred Hitchcock and Rodney Dangerfield I'll say that I love my kitchen table and the fond memories of all the times around the kitchen table.
That's where we end up eventually.

This post was edited by west_gardener on Wed, May 14, 14 at 18:00

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 5:44PM
anneliese_32(6)

What would we have done without the kitchentable. Besides a place for eating, it was during the day a safe haven for us little ones to play, the dog and cat to stay away from feet, the place for homework and crafts and the conference table to address the world's woes.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 7:07PM
More Discussions
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™