Quote Sunday May 15

lilod(NoCal/8)May 15, 2011

"And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

� Kurt Vonnegut (A Man Without a Country)

"Many people need desperately to receive this message: 'I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone."

� Kurt Vonnegut (Timequake)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mwoods

"If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."

Today is the last frost date for our zone..hooray. Of course it's raining like heck and will be for the upcoming week,but it IS the last frost date!

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 10:32AM
lilod(NoCal/8)

My last frost date was April 5 - and it has been snowing during the night - it is May 15, isn't it? - raining hard, have the furnace on -

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 11:09AM
anneliese_32(6)

Isn't it nice... Yes it is, the Indigo Bunting visits a couple of times a day, my Chinese Dogwood is in full bloom for the first time after all the mishaps the poor thing had (ice breaks, locust damage, frost last year) and my furnace kicked on, so it is nice and warm inside despite the rain nd wind.

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 12:29PM
kathyjane(z6VA)

Thank you, Lilo---very nice quote---It reminds me of almost a month ago when I had a sudden surge of happiness that lifted me and made me feel free as a child. Then a minute or so later, it slowly dimmed and went on its' way---almost as though it were a speck of happiness out making its' rounds. I wish it would come back; I'd like to feel that way most of the time....I admire people who just plain DECIDE they might as well be happy...

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 10:06PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 17 - 15
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 24 - 15
Most visions of extraterrestrial life are actually...
don_socal
Where are you mwheel?
Miss your postings.
west_gardener2
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™