Echo blower

MiddleforkNovember 15, 2012

I have an older Echo blower that I just put a carb kit into . It has a Walbro carb and sometimes I have to pull the choke out about 1/4 of the way to keep it running . Any ideas how I can cure this ? thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homegrown55(9)

Try backing out the Low Speed adjustment screw on the carburetor about 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn. The L screw is the one on the carb closest to the engine and probably is marked L in the carb casting. It probably has an unconventional head. If you have one, try tapping a 22 gauge automotive type wire connector onto the head of the screw, allowing you to grip it to turn it.

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 8:38PM
ewalk

Middlefork: You seem to have a lean fuel mixture conditon , have you ensured your fuel filter is unrestricted ? If clear and your carb circuits are clean then a simple tuning is warranted . Normally 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 out from seated will be optimium . Prior to tuning ensure your fuel tank is fresh and over half full also a new or clean air filter is require for best tuning results .

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 11:50AM
homegrown55(9)

Hi ewalk .... Glad you are still here! It is evident that the blower carb is set too lean, no doubt. Those additional measures are good advice to eliminate any other problems. Keep up the good work!

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 12:46PM
ewalk

Hey HG yeah still kicking around . Rather busy this time of the year Hunting etc. Thanks for the kind words , will try to log on more often once the Deer hunting subsides lol .Hopefully the op will let us know how he makes out Bro.

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 7:42PM
Middlefork

I adjusted just like you said and it runs great now . thanks very much

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 10:57AM
More Discussions
Snapper commercial refurb
This is the 1986 snapper 21500PC that I found in the...
snapperfreak
Briggs and Stratton spark plug confusion
I've got a B & S opposed twin 422707 on a Craftsman...
yt125
snow throwing
older blower. 7hp, 24" width, 14" auger....
joe_mn
JD L100 and LA100 series trans oil change
I have a JD L118. It had a K46 trans that failed at...
fix_it
New Purchase
Well hard to believe that it took over 25 yrs to breakdown...
ewalk
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™