Quote 5 - 28 - 12

don_socalMay 28, 2012

"There will come a day, I promise you, and your parents as well, when the thought of your son or daughter or your husband or wife brings a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye. It will happen," he said. "My prayer for you is that day will come sooner or later. But the only thing I have more experience than you in is this: I'm telling you it will come."

Vice President Joe Biden

Here is a link that might be useful: Biden reflects on tragic loss in speech to military families

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

I saw this clip on the news and was touched by his sympathy and empathy. Often, I think Mr. Biden thinks before he speaks. This time, he did not, probably because it was spoken from his heart.

I offer my thanks and appreciation to any and all who have served in our country's military forces, especially to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. I have a family member among that group.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 7:44AM
west_gardener

Yes, Mr. Biden has been known to speak before he thinks, but that man has passion and it shows in his speaches.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 8:18PM
gandle(4 NE)

As a parent who has lost three children, after a number of years we usually remember the great times we had together. Those memories, thankfully, come first. Then the sense of deep loss sets in. I don't think that can eaver be erased by time. You say, if he had lived or if she had lived etc.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 9:53PM
anneliese_32(6)

I too saw VP Biden on TV and have to thank him for his words. Sometimes you feel like you should not laugh about the funny things which happened but you do and the sorrow comes later.

Bookmark   May 29, 2012 at 8:45PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 25 - 15
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out. Alfred Hitchcock Conflict...
don_socal
Weather, it's still winter
and we are having a heat wave , temps from 70-80 degrees;...
west_gardener2
Quotes 3 - 21 - 15
What is a television apparatus to man, who has only...
don_socal
Rain!!!
Rain, gentle, steady rain - all night long and maybe...
lilosophie
Quotes 3 - 12 - 15
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™