Roses for my Friends

dodgerdudetteApril 20, 2009

Taken this week-enjoy !

Kathy in Napa

Here is a link that might be useful: Roses in Napa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

It looks like your rose garden is building up a good head of steam now, Kathy. You have a number of roses that have been on my wish list for quite awhile. Sombrueil and Souviner de Maimaison are two of my favorites. Tuscan Sun, Brass Band, Abraham Darby...what colors. I have that Golden Celebration. I saw one photo of a yellow bloom facing down without a name and I think it must have been Golden Celebration because my blooms are always hanging down. I love the buds on Fair Bianca and Mary Rose. Which is the most fragrant so far? What a lucky duck you are!! Not that they just 'appear' in your garden. I know they have to be a lot of work, so enjoy every minute! :-) They are all exquisite! Sorry to hear about 90 degree temperatures already.

pm2

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 5:25AM
ctlavluvr

What a glorious sight to behold on a rainy CT morning! Thanks so much for this, Kathy.

Mart

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 6:50AM
woodyoak zone 5 Canada(5b)

It must smell heavenly there! But you need to back up and show us what is around the roses.... :-)

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 8:37AM
saucydog(z5MA)

I love them all! I do like the peachy-pinks best, though :)

You are mastering your camera - and how fun that must be with such beautiful subjects.

I agree with Woody - we need a little virtual WALAT in your garden.

Saucy

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 8:53AM
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

Kathy! your roses are just gorgeous! I'm so jealous, I just can't grow them well here. I get a few but nothing like this. Beautiful photos.

Deanne

PS do you have any more pics of that lovely small flowered yellow rose?

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 2:35PM
chloehoover(z6b VA)

Lovely loverly Spring treat, Kathy -- and you're doing wonders w/ your camera -- to even see the veining in the roses; I can almost smell them!! Thanks for sharing.

-cindy

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 6:01PM
Marian_2(Z6 ARKozarks)

Kathy, your roses are gorgeous. They remind me of my sister's in Idaho. Her house is bordered by lovely tea roses. I am almost throwing in the towel on roses at this place. I can't even succeed with wild ones! I have attempted various varieties, and on both own-root and grafted. None succeed.
I wish I could smell yours. :-)

Marian

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 6:15PM
triple_creek(z5)

Kathy, they are beauties. You are the rose Queen. I can only enjoy my knock outs, before and after the Japanese beatles that is. The beatles only arrived here last summer but I'm sure they will be back.

Norma

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 8:35PM
lmcilhargie

Kathy, what a beautiful collection of roses you have. I saw a few that I've tried (and killed) in the past. You most definitely have the touch. I really enjoyed seeing all of your pretties! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Eden

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 8:44PM
dodgerdudette

Thanks everyone for such nice comments- I am really enjoying photographing the roses and hope to get a macro lens someday !

Deanne, are you inquireing about a rose in this slideshow or another I've posted before ? I have numerous pics of Lady Banks which is a small yellow rose, but I did not include here. I have several yellow roses, but most are 'full size' so to speak !

Saucy and Woody, I will try to get some photos that show the roses as garden features- I have not experimented much much with these types of shots yet (still on auto settings, lol) but I took a bunch on my lunch hour today and will see how they look later..

LOL Norma, Beatles/Beetles ! Are we children of the 60's or what ! I was pretty excited to see J. beetles in action at IU6 last summer (we don't have them here) and was horrified and fascinated at the same time.

Marian. I think deer are very fond of roses.. You may envy my roses but I envy your wonderful shrubs and trees !

PM, my most fragrant roses so far are Reinne des Violettes, Bolero , and Madame Issac..

Thanks again.. I confess that I have numerous that have yet to open. I'm afraid it's going to be But Wait, Theres More !

Kathy in Napa

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 10:12PM
michelle_zone4

Wow, Kathy what a lovely collection of roses. I too would like to see some further away pictures.

Michelle

Bookmark   April 22, 2009 at 4:20PM
More Discussions
Persicarias
Are there any you like or don't like and why? As always,...
catkinZ8a
primulas
planted last nov. and performing admirably.
daves10z7annv
What plant are you anxiously awaiting the return of in the spring?
Well, maybe not *anxiously* awaiting but awaiting nevertheless. For...
mxk3
When is the best time to divide Siberian iris?
I live in SW PA, and last year I noticed that my SIberian...
vlk20
campanula confusion!
I have a question, everyone! I've always eyed campanulas...
diggerdee zone 6 CT
Sponsored Products
Vertex Freejack Pendant
Lightology
Rose Quartz Door Knob Set - Privacy, Passage and Dummy
Signature Hardware
Jardins du Seda France Asian Green Two-Wick Candle
$59.50 | FRONTGATE
Jane Seymour Peach Roses 14H in. Silk Flower Arrangement - JSWP20402N-PC
$130.00 | Hayneedle
Vanderbilt Rose Quartz Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Rug
$199.00 | Bellacor
Safavieh Handmade Heritage Traditions Black/ Ivory Wool Rug (6' Square)
Overstock.com
Lefroy Brooks - Mackintosh 12 Inch Shower Rose - M1-4602-CP
$957.75 | PlumbTile
Pre-owned Rose & Gold Mid-Century Club Chair & Ottoman
$785.00 | Chairish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™