New kitty...

isis_nebthet(8b/11suns SoCA)January 22, 2008

My room mate brought a stray home from the airport. We took it out after two days of it not moving and it peed all over the back of the couch..So she stopped petting it and it went straight out the pet door and jumped off the second story porch...

Between coyotes, 7 neighbor dogs, and my lil Jerry Garcia (pup from last year named because he likes to eat jimson weed. He runs free because he won't come to people but doesn't leave the yard because the other dogs are here..for all I know he's afraid of cats like his dad) I was sure we'd never see Airport again.

The next night I was out sitting on the bench having a ciggy (I need to try chantix) when I saw a fast moving shadow and heard a meow. Pet the cat grab it run up the steps.."hey loose something? want it back?"

They told her it was a boy so she was getting stressed about getting it fixed. I started making calls then decided to double check to make sure he wasn't already neutered. He knew about litter boxes and going to people after all. Turned out it's another girl (she thought they knew what they were talking about when they said it was a boy so she never checked). Fortunately, Airport is a unisex name:)

So the household count...4 wolfdogs, two cats, two snakes, one pomerainian, one fishtank, one pond, and one duck....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

LOL, Adrea! That first step is a doozy. I had a cat trying to adopt us do that and she was followed by our german shorthair-beagle mix. The dog didn't even hesitate to follow her. Both wound up going up a tree. The look on the dog's face was priceless when he came back to himself. The cat left by going from tree to tree. Sandy

Bookmark   January 22, 2008 at 12:55PM
comettose(7)

It is best to set the pace with a new cat not to let the dogs chase it. Let the cat chase the dogs!

Bookmark   January 22, 2008 at 6:45PM
youreit

Airport (a.k.a. Pee-Diddy...LOL) must know that she's used up one of her lives going off the 2nd-story porch. I hope that scared the tame into her. :D

LOL @ Jerry Garcia! All dogs are afraid of my cat, and she knows it. LOL

Brenda

Bookmark   January 23, 2008 at 8:14AM
isis_nebthet(8b/11suns SoCA)

Well, Airport took off again last night....

Hopefully, she'll find me tonight.

Bookmark   January 23, 2008 at 5:35PM
sheepco(MN z4)

Please try to get her spayed before she dissappears for good! If your roommate is strapped for cash a lot of local (and not so local) shelters or humane societies have low cost or free programs. And Airport is a GREAT name, she sound smart too if she can keep ahead of the other beasties :)

S

Bookmark   January 23, 2008 at 7:27PM
youreit

Cripes, I hope she comes back soon, Adrea. :(

Brenda

Bookmark   January 24, 2008 at 7:51AM
isis_nebthet(8b/11suns SoCA)

She was back when I got home last night. I think something needs to be done about the porch. It's only got a railing around it. It works fine for the cat that was raised from a kitten in the house but there's a big difference between that and a stray cat. We can't just close the door off because the cat and dog use it to come inside out of the cold.

Bookmark   January 24, 2008 at 11:35AM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

It's not the drop so much as the surprise. I doubt that a jump that far down would be a problem for her. Once they know it's there they understand ALL the problems and I have seen cats go that distance easily so long as it is a soft landing. I reccomend that any obstacles in the landing zone be removed. Sandy

Bookmark   January 24, 2008 at 12:49PM
More Discussions
Do crows eat frogs?
I've had my pond for 15 years, and never suspected...
robin321
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™