Morning walk

lilosophieMay 12, 2013

I went hunting for wildflowers, didn't find the ones I sought, perhaps it is a bit early for the iris and the blue eyed grass, so all I could get is a picture of my house, as seen from across the pond. I think it's amazing how many shades of green there are this time of the year

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

That is a beautiful photo illustrating the many hues of green. I've also been amazed at how many greens there are, even in one tree.
DD lives in Northern CA, and she has been taking wildflower walks since March and have found a lot of them. I think its a weather thing, her weather is totally different than mine here in the valley and probably different than yours.
Below is a collage of wildflowers on just one of her walks.
Wildflowers at Chimney Rock, Point Reyes, CA

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 7:18PM
lilosophie

Point Reyes is a very special place, south of here and by the ocean, some of these will show up here in a couple of weeks or so.
My daughter is going horse camping with a riding group at Point Reyes in late June, she is riding a friend's horse

Bookmark   May 12, 2013 at 8:44PM
anneliese_32(6)

To go for a nature walk is for me now a major untertaking . Where I formerly could walk 50 yards and was in woods, country lanes and fields, I have now front and backyards, asphalt and parking lots. A golf driving range, mowed weekly, also fenced, is sprayed, no flowers there. The most wildflowers I can find are in my backyard. When we moved here, we were in the country.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 6:18AM
oscarthecat(z7MD)

Anneliese, the same thing happened here. We had 25 good years here. Some people never have one. We were lucky.

Bookmark   May 13, 2013 at 7:37AM
west_gardener

DS gave me a sheet impregnated with wildflower seeds. All it said was to cover with 1/4" of soil and water twice a day. I planted them a couple of days ago. A first time experience for me.
Has anyone tried this kind of planting?

Bookmark   May 14, 2013 at 5:47PM
KevinJenkins

Never tried it but sounds like it will give you a beautiful bed of flowers. Remeber, in the wild seeds will grow pretty much anywhere with barely any soil over them, this sounds abseloutely perfect if I'm honest!

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 9:46AM
More Discussions
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™