How dry?

lilosophieMay 4, 2013

Started off this morning with 8% humidity. I was working on weed removal and between the dry air and the fierce sun, decided to quit, go indoors, put lighter clothing on and guzzle water,, I don't think "Lilo-jerky" would be a good thing.
We hit 99ú yesterday, but today not quite that hot. NOAA said the wind would turn Westerly and increase humidity, but I just checked and 30 minutes ago, about 4 p.m. humidity was 6% (this is not a typo) and the wind came from NNW 8 mph, gusts 17 mph, that is not so good.
I read in the news about a small, quickly extinguished house fire, caused by a metal dog-bowl hit by the sun at a certain angle and started to burn the wood-siding. Makes me think of shards of glass or some discarded mylar somewhere picking up rays - scary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

If we just could have sent you our rain. The soggiest Derby since we are here. My guest started out for Louisville to get a good place in the in-field (forget about seat tickets, might as well buy the winning lottery ticket). They returned 2 hours later since they did not want to stand in a wet infield for the rest of the day. It has rained steadily since 9 AM.
I can't even immagine 6% humidity.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 8:16PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

How dry? Very dry around here in the Valley, There was a brush fire in a small field near a huge mall in SJ. I think it's the first time I've been glad I live in a "concrete jungle" rather than open space.
The heat finally broke this afternoon, but it brought the wind and that is not a good thing.
anneliese could you send some rain our way?
I saw on the news that the rain was coming to the derby and I was thinking of you, and wondering if your people would come home early with mud on their feet.

Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 10:48PM
More Discussions
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 21 - 15
Life is a lot like jazz... it's best when you improvise. George...
don_socal
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 19 - 15
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™