May Day

west_gardenerMay 1, 2011

Some thoughts about May Day.

It is a glorious day here in the SF Bay area.

The salmon fishing season is starting today and for the first time in several years there are enough salmon to make it a full season. Conservation and restrictions works.

The SF Bay sailing season starts today. Anyone with a vessel with a sail will be out on the bay. DH and I went to Sausalito one year and watch the boats, it a beautiful sight.

There were many groups marching in SF for several causes. Especially worker's rights.

For many years, especially during the "cold war", I'd see reports and pictures on tv about the Russian military parade showing their military strength. I have not seen a single report this May Day.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mwoods

WG,where in the Bay area do you live? We lived in Sausalito for several years when first married and then moved to El Sobrante in order to save money when DH decided to go back to grad school. You are living in a wonderful part of the country.

Bookmark   May 2, 2011 at 8:29AM
west_gardener

mwoods, going down 101, we live about 45 miles south of SF. 10 miles north of San Jose. About 10 minutes from the SF Bay, And yes, we live in a wonderful part of the country. The weather is outstanding.
We have lived in our town more than 40 years and Silicon Valley has grown up around us.
Talking about Sausalito, DD lives on the north coast and when we go visiting, we leave early so we can stop in Sausalito for a cup of coffee and sit on a deck and enjoy the view before moving on. It is also a wonderful place.
However, the traffic can be horrendous, both coming and going. The bridge tolls are going up and up. So if you are thinking about moving out here, pick the side of the bay that works for you.
When we drive over the GG bridge we anticipate Sausalito and hum the song below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video/Song

Bookmark   May 2, 2011 at 8:11PM
west_gardener

Another May Day subject.

Bookmark   May 2, 2011 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Butterfly Conservatory in Key West
Lots of photo opportunities at this place. I don't...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
And just because it is Dr. Seuss Day
The more you read, The more you know. The more you...
anneliese32
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™