ode to fergus

fairy_toadmotherJanuary 21, 2007

the ultimate predator :)

Here is a link that might be useful: NPR

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeanner(SW Ohio - Z6)

I knew I recognized that name when it came up, I've been reading her blogs for awhile now. She is one very talented lady!

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie Zickefoose blog

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 8:31PM
fairy_toadmother

i will read more of that later! thanks, jean. one of my fave quotes from mrs. zickefoose on the above link, "Those mallards--they'll mate with anything with a pulse." too true, alas, too true! oh, and the bluebird with testosterone poisoning! typical male :)

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 8:36PM
comettose(7)

I read the whole thing - she is a wonderfully talented, and funny writer and I love her photos. I've bookmarked it for future reference. I've been to Sanibell Island but I didn't see any Roseate Spoonbills:-( Thanks for posting the link Jean!

FTM - As soon as spring comes and my bullfrogs let me pick them up again, after having the gall to forget over winter who throws them the crickets, I will take a photo of my really big frog. He is 8" this past summer and my reptile book says 8" is the current record. He is the ultimate eating machine. He has been at my pond since 2003.

CT

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 9:24PM
youreit

Awww, poor Fergus got fed to the heron! Well, after getting to know him so well, I hope not...but bless her for saving the hummers. :D

I was hoping Julie would have archives of Sept. 2005 so I might see a pic of Fergie. Great blog!

Brenda

Bookmark   January 22, 2007 at 8:25AM
fairy_toadmother

can't wait ct! btw, anyone see the movie the shaggy dog with tim allen? how about that dog sized bullfrog with a pug head?!

Bookmark   January 23, 2007 at 9:51AM
youreit

LOL! I haven't seen the movie yet, FTM, but I've always wanted a gigantipug! Mastiffs are great....just not the same, though. :D

Brenda

Bookmark   January 24, 2007 at 8:20AM
More Discussions
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
How To Get Rid of Pond Vegetation
I had a small pond deepened and it is great except...
alameda/zone 8
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
Do crows eat frogs?
I've had my pond for 15 years, and never suspected...
robin321
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™