Quotes, May 1, 2012 again

husky004_(z5 NY)May 1, 2012

"Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car."

G.K. Chesterton

"Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Andy Rooney

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I am a happy camper so I guess I�m doing something right. Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder."

Henry David Thoreau

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

I like the quotes, especially the G.K. Chesterton one.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 8:08PM
mawheel

What a coincidence for me; I just heard the Chesterton quote, yesterday. My 20-year old great-neice was saying that many Facebook "friends" do whatever they want, and then say that "God will forgive me". Others are posting that quote in response to their actions. Just another instance of not practicing the Golden Rule--on all sides.

Bookmark   May 2, 2012 at 7:04AM
anneliese_32(6)

The Chestertone quote was given to me by my minister during confirmation instructions, when I questioned the hypocricy of some people who went to church every Sunday and then on the way home gossiped about their neighbors. I never forgot it.
Love all the quotes.

Bookmark   May 2, 2012 at 8:47AM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 4 - 15
You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Butterfly Conservatory in Key West
Lots of photo opportunities at this place. I don't...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™